Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Silly situation (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=296894)

• Dec 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
    trueorfalse
    Silly situation
    Hi I've been going with a girl for a year now but she lied to me in the past and I decided I would continue the relationship. In a nutshell she was talking to her ex behind my back about things she shouldn't be. I let it go(I can't let it go) so I said I was OK with it now I have moved on(so I told her) the thing is I don't actually know if she is stilll in contact with him so what I proposed to do to test her was hack into his msn and leave her messages to c if shel reply and if she does I have been rite all along.

Good or bad idea?
  • Dec 29, 2008, 08:25 PM
    411Help

Really bad idea. If you want to build a healthy relationship with this women. You need to forgive her. Forget about what she did to you in the past. Go on from there. If you can't find yourself to trust her, you need to move on.
  • Dec 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
    talaniman

Really a lousy low down idea. If you don't trust your partner, then don't be with them.
  • Dec 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Julia_T

Yeah I agree.. If you can't trust her then there's no point. Trust me I've been there its always going to be in the back of your mind if she's talking to him again or not..
  • Dec 30, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Romefalls19

No trust = no relationship

No matter how tight your try to hold onto someone, they will still do what they want and just find a way around your blocks. Trust me, I saw it happen
  • Dec 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
    trueorfalse
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    No trust = no relationship

No matter how tight your try to hold onto someone, they will still do what they want and just find a way around your blocks. Trust me, I saw it happen

I have tried forgetting but I cant. Things be OK for a while but when we have an argument I want to say fcuk off because of all the things she has dun before. Is this normal? Any advice please.. .
  • Dec 30, 2008, 09:00 AM
    kctiger

It boils down to you either accepting her past or not. You simple don't trust her, and throw things she has done to break your trust in her face whenever you have an argument. You cannot be with someone you don't trust, period. My advice, break up with her, NOW! The longer you do this to each other, the more painful, and to be honest, the bigger waste of time it becomes, because it doesn't sound like this relationship is going anywhere but down. Would you stay in a burning building? Would you jump from a plane destined to crash if you had a parachute? Get out!
  • Dec 30, 2008, 09:00 AM
    jjwoodhull
    You don't trust her - which is understandable. Now you are considering compromising your morals by hacking into her msn? When someone brings out the worst in you, it is another big sign that it is not a healthy relationship. Move on. You both deserve better than what you have now.