Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cars & Trucks (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1994 Honda Civic EX will not start (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=15258)

• Mar 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
    chuckfreepham
    I am looking for 1994 honda civic ecu auto part numbers
  • Mar 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
    chuckfreepham
    1994 honda civic ecu part numbers
  • Mar 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
    TxGreaseMonkey

Remove the ECM--the part no. tag is on the unit.
  • Mar 24, 2010, 12:03 PM
    chuckfreepham
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckfreepham View Post
    1994 honda civic ecu part numbers

:) 1994 Honda Civic EX Automatic ECU part numbers
  • Oct 21, 2011, 06:42 PM
    millerb40480
    I'm having problems starting my 94 honda civic. It ran fine earlier in the day till later I drove it up the street turned it off and then turned it back on and it putted a bit so I put in it second and got it back to my house when I turned it off there it hasn't turned on since. I put gas in the tank to make sure it wasn't the fuel censor, I don't know how to check the fuel filter to see if its getting gas. So I'm wondering if its my fuel pump and how would go about finding either one of those. I've changed the plugs and plug wires and the valve cover gasket. My car turns over but just dosnet start.
  • Oct 22, 2011, 04:36 AM
    TxGreaseMonkey
    Miller, if the CEL light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when you turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II), then the problem is likely distributor related. Installing a new Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil usually solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer grease to the back of the new ICM.
  • Nov 2, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Artesano
    I am having the same problem with my 1994 Civic EX. Got a code 15 the ignition module but I had replace the distributor for a new one from autozone with lifetime warranty changed and now don't have any codes but still have no spark. As the post above also changed wires, rotor, distributor, belt and might be a few things more. If you find a solution to it let me know.
  • Nov 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Artesano
    Forgot to add when I try stsrt the check engine line come up and then it come a noise in the ebgine bay and it was by the passenger side I believed. Did the same happened to you?
  • Nov 2, 2011, 12:28 PM
    TxGreaseMonkey
    Artesano, over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas don't work at AMHD. I only recommend genuine Honda distributor housings, where it's okay to install an aftermarket ICM and coil to keep the cost down. If your Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to Position II, then there's a problem with the distributor.
  • Nov 2, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Artesano
    I heard about that and also read about the solution of using an external coil By the way have (MSD2 BLASTER) and replacing the module inside of the distributor. By the way the use of a MSD 6AL will help?
  • Mar 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
    kellibeer
    It's the coil in side they always go but you can just but the cap and rotor and coil for cheaper than buying a re built one
  • Jul 23, 2012, 05:47 PM
    chris4501
    Hi...

I have a 94 honda civic and it wants to trun over but I just have no spark but I changed my spark plugs and still doesn't work I changed also my distributor but not the wires connected to it so I don't if it's the wires or something els someone plzz help ASAP
  • Jul 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
    TxGreaseMonkey
    chris4501, if the CEL comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to Position II, then focus on the distributor. I only recommend genuine Honda distributor housings--all others are junk and unreliable, in my opinion. I have a feeling that's your problem.
  • Jul 21, 2014, 07:09 AM
    hondacivdx
    Had the same problem and solution! Almost replaced the ECU... Glad I saw your post!