Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Can somebody show me before after pics of ANY results? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=492519)

• Jul 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
    itsamor
    Can somebody show me before after pics of ANY results?
    So I don't completely lose all hope.

I've just been using nadinola 3% hydroguinone but I don't really know if its working or not.

I have a light olive skin so I assume it would be easier to lighten if I'm already pretty light to begin with. I do have a dark patch on one of my wrists and near my ankles I'm pretty insecure about.

Anyway I would love/appreciate to see some actual before and after pictures because I'm the type who needs 'proof' to believe something has worked since I've lost faith in going by word alone.

(I'm just so depressed about my skin I need some hope :()
  • Jul 29, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Diamondeyes10
    Hi!! I feel the same way! I need proof too. I am more darker skinned. But I do have proof that some of the creams with hydroguinone indeed work. I used to be MUCH lighter than I am now and I stop using products with hydroguinone because I was thinking of the more long term effects and I was using them for like 6 years! But I want to find something more natural. I LOVED my results from those type products and I will be asking my doctor in an hour if it will be okay for me to continue to use them since she prescribed one of them to me! LOL
    But as soon as I figure out how to load my pics on the site and block out most of my face I’ll post them!
  • Jul 29, 2010, 04:45 PM
    clueless2008

itsamor, you are going to need a higher strength in order to see any type of results. Also, you will need to make sure that you use sunscreen daily or your skin lightening will be in vain.
  • Jul 29, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Diamondeyes10
    itsamor... Yes clueless2008 is right. There are steps to reaching your goal and from all of the products I’ve used I lightened tremendously over the years but it can be reached much faster now that I know the basic steps. And since you are of a lighter skinned more than likely you can reach your goal extremely faster than I did IF you follow the proper steps. On another forum I’m on there was a lady who went from Jermaine Jackson’s complexion to Beyounce complexion. And that is a BIG jump. She talked about three steps to lighter skin:

Steps
    1) SAP - Sun Avoidance & Protection! This is VERY important!!
    2) Exfoliation - LA 40%
    3) Tyrosinase Inhibition (here's where people get into trouble)
    RA 0.1%, HQ4% (both from ADC - all day chemist) & Neoprosone Fort Gel.
    Blend in palm & apply 2x/day 20 minutes after cleansing (SAP during the day). She also uses Fair and Flawless 5xF Gel

LA peels thicken your skin & remove dead skin cells & use RA for its anti ageing properties.

Also she uses Eucerin Lotion on any small dry areas (few & far between, usually where clothing created friction. Apply a little Carotein cream/Vaseline blend to elbows & knees & heels as 'insurance'.

And I will still post pics soon.
  • Aug 9, 2010, 10:39 AM
    MySunshine

Why don't you work on having your own before & after? Just keep track of your progress with photos then share them with us after your results :)
  • Mar 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
    itsamor
    I can show before and after picture cause I don't use product beside exfloiate and use nadinola. I sometimes look pale a picture or sometimes look averaged skinnned in others depends on the lighting. I was asking for others who have used stuff that worked and they have proof to show so I know it this whole skin lightening this is a crock/waste of time or if there's hope.