Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Children (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Step daughter in law issue (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=280740)

• Nov 13, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Babcia
    Step daughter in law issue
    Is that normal that my step daughter in law asked my husband to "hop in a car and drive 4 hours to their town" at any time of the night or day when she is ready to deliver second child? He supposed to be a babysitter for their 2 year old little girl, while she and her husband go to the hospital for delivery of their second child. Granted that my husband is semi-retired and works part time from our home. Her parents are also living in our area and they would have to drive 4 hours too and they both still work full time. I work full time too. However, my step-son- in- law's mother (my husband's first wife) is single, unemployed and lives only 10-15 minutes away from their house. My husband said that this is a HUGE compliment to him, because his daughter in law said that he is the only one that she trust with her baby girl.

Am I too crazy that I think it is a weird situation?
  • Nov 13, 2008, 11:48 PM
    simoneaugie

She trusts him. What will he have to do to make everything okay with you when the time comes to make the trip? If it's not okay with you, you and your husband will be in disagreement. So, in a way it's weird. In a way it's him responding to the call of love and trust.
  • Nov 15, 2008, 11:24 PM
    tricef52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Babcia View Post
    Is that normal that my step daughter in law asked my husband to "hop in a car and drive 4 hours to their town" at any time of the night or day when she is ready to deliver second child? He supposed to be a babysitter for their 2 year old little girl, while she and her husband go to the hospital for delivery of their second child. Granted that my husband is semi-retired and works part time from our home. Her parents are also living in our area and they would have to drive 4 hours too and they both still work full time. I work full time too. However, my step-son- in- law's mother (my husband's first wife) is single, unemployed and lives only 10-15 minutes away from their house. My husband said that this is a HUGE compliment to him, because his daughter in law said that he is the only one that she trust with her baby girl.

Am I too crazy that I think it is a weird situation?

Yes, I think you are more of the situation than it is. If she is comfortable with him then that is wonderful. A daugter in law can be very particular and pecular and you never know how they think. Believe me I have one and I love her dearly but I have no idea how she thinks of me. When she asks me to watch my grandchildren I jump at the chance. They are so much a part of me that I love every minute of it and I am sure that is how your husband is feeling. You may not be able to feel that if she is a step but believe me there is a difference. Let him have his pleasure and be there and experience the joy. It will only enhance your relationship and his with his son.
  • Aug 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Mysaladdays
    Whether it is normal or not is not that important, it makes you feel you are just an outsider.
  • Aug 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Mysaladdays
    Whether it is normal or not is not that important, it makes you feel you are just an outsider.
  • Aug 24, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Mysaladdays

I am a step mother to 5 children. Am I a step daughter-in-law to my mother-in-law?
  • Aug 24, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Mysaladdays
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysaladdays View Post
    I am a step mother to 5 children. Am I a step daughter-in-law to my mother-in-law?

who is mean to me?
  • Aug 24, 2010, 07:48 PM
    Fr_Chuck

Closed old thread