Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Toilet water rises (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=321292)

• Feb 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
    nantucket
    Toilet water rises
    When I flush my toilet the water rises very high, but does not recede immediately. When it finally does the tank is either empty or left w/little water. If I flush again, the same thing happens, how do I get the toilet to flush normally? I'm not a plumbing queen and truly don't know what to do, but feel it must be something easy I can do.
  • Feb 23, 2009, 11:39 PM
    afaroo

Hello Nantuket,

You have a partial clogged toilet, open the link below will show you how to unclog your toilet, good luck.

John

How to Unclog a Toilet | eHow.com
  • Feb 23, 2009, 11:48 PM
    creahands

Hi nantucket
    U have a blockage in the toilet that is stopping the flow of water. Have u tried a plunger?

Flush toilet and before it gets too low use the plunger a couple of times. If this does not work then the blockage is probably caused by a solid object. If u have childern in house it could be one of their toys. A toilet snake may break the object up and free the water.

Good luck
    Chuck
  • Feb 23, 2009, 11:51 PM
    afaroo

Thanks Creahands for backing up and welcom to the plumbing site.

John
  • Feb 24, 2009, 06:34 PM
    creahands
    My pleasure afaroo see u on the flip side

Chuck
  • Feb 24, 2009, 08:33 PM
    nantucket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Hello Nantuket,

You have a partial clogged toilet, open the link below will show you how to unclog your toilet, good luck.

John

How to Unclog a Toilet | eHow.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    hi nantucket
    U have a blockage in the toilet that is stopping the flow of water. Have u tried a plunger?

Flush toilet and before it gets too low use the plunger a couple of times. If this does not work then the blockage is probably caused by a solid object. If u have childern in house it could be one of their toys. A toilet snake may break the object up and free the water.

Good luck
    Chuck

• Feb 24, 2009, 08:57 PM
    afaroo

Hello Nantucket,

I am glad that you are clogged free now and it is our pleasure to help, Thanks for rating my ansewr, please don't hesitate to get back to us any time you need help, Good Luck.

John
  • Feb 25, 2009, 06:56 AM
    creahands
    Hi nantucket

Glad we could be of help. Thanks forrating our answer. As afaroo said let us know if we can ever help again.

Goood luck
    Chuck: