Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Parents divorced (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=521700)

• Oct 31, 2010, 09:49 AM
    ninoo
    Parents divorced.
    My mom is divorced I was really disturbed! 2 years back my mom really liked this guy my mom is 35 and the guy is 28. For 2 years this guy was lovely he made me smile everyday! And one day I found out he has gotten engaged! And I always thought he is going to put a happily ever after in my story!! And now he's just gone! And slowly slowly my mom is back friends with him and I meet him often! (he is engaged) I feel they are getting back together! I really like him! I want him to come back and I don't want him engaged!
  • Oct 31, 2010, 02:01 PM
    s_cianci

As much as you may have liked this guy, things did not work out between him and your mother. That's totally out of your hands. Hopefully, if she does settle down with someone it'll be someone just as nice as this guy.
  • Oct 31, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Fr_Chuck

Yes, which of course is why people with kids need to be very slow about bringing them around their children.

But sadly your wishes are not what counts here, your mom is also hurt by what caused them to break up. So try to be there for her also.
  • Nov 1, 2010, 09:45 AM
    ninoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by s_cianci
    As much as you may have liked this guy, things did not work out between him and your mother. That's totally out of your hands. Hopefully, if she does settle down with someone it'll be someone just as nice as this guy.
    I always thought he is going to be my dad!! I was looking forward to it and now I am really sad!

And I also spent a lot of time with him! I don't know what is wrong with me1!
  • Dec 11, 2010, 04:48 PM
    ramona_
    Are you sure the feeling of liking each other was mutual and not just a friendship? Maybe they drifted because your mum was a little upset that he got engaged because she liked him.. you can't really do anything about it, if they're friends again, you can still see him.
  • Dec 29, 2010, 09:04 AM
    ninoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ramona_
    Are you sure the feeling of liking each other was mutual and not just a friendship? Maybe they drifted because your mum was a little upset that he got engaged because she liked him.. you can't really do anything about it, if they're friends again, you can still see him.
    I did not understand what u are saying! Ramona

My mom and the guy were dating!
  • Dec 29, 2010, 10:52 AM
    RadioActive697

Ok so your mom and the guy dated before right? And got married I'm suggesting. But you want them to get back together and the man is engaged and you don't want that. Ok well I'm sure they stopped dating or got divorced for a reason you may not understand. And I know how it feels when your parents get divorce and you want them to get back together. You say he made you happy and smile, well he can still do that as you say you meet him very often. And on top of that him and your mom are becoming friends which is even better. But don't jump to conclusions that they are getting back together because they could just be becoming friends just because they still want to be friends. And you want him back well you still see him and its kind of being selfish because you only want him back because he made YOU happy and maybe not your mom. ~Goodluck~
  • Dec 29, 2010, 02:16 PM
    cdad

How old are you?
  • Dec 30, 2010, 03:28 AM
    ninoo
    Radioactive697: my mom was married to my dad then they broke up,I am happy about that.then my mom stared seeing this guy and she was very very happy with him.then one day he just got engaged without talking to my mom! Now they are friends

Let me continue they told me this but I was sure they are not only friends so I cheaked my moms phone! I could tell they are seeing each other I don't understand that he is also getting married and is seeing my mom! Helllllllpppppp!

I am 15 turning 16 ! Please help