Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Home Electronics (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Problems with my panasonic t v (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=471586)

• May 18, 2010, 12:29 PM
    ken d williams
    Problems with my panasonic t v
    HI , I have a Panasonic plasma t v , modal viera . Last night 17/05/10. A black thick line appeared top to bottom. It was their when sweche on the t v. But went off , only to come back. I have had the t v fore just over a year. Can any one please tell me what the problem maybe. Thank you.
    Ken
  • May 18, 2010, 12:31 PM
    JudyKayTee

I had this problem twice with my Panasonic - both times a module had to be replaced and it was expensive. The line got thicker and thicker until it was really annoying.

It was something about a burn out which controlled portions of the picture.
  • May 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
    ken d williams
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I had this problem twice with my Panasonic - both times a module had to be replaced and it was expensive. The line got thicker and thicker until it was really annoying.

It was something about a burn out which controlled portions of the picture.

Thank you so much , looks like a new t v then, grrrr. This time I will pay fore extended cover.
    Ken D Williams
  • May 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
    JudyKayTee

My Panasonic was a nightmare - I had three service calls in the first nine months. I have a 54" Panasonic, never had a problem with it.

Did you check to see if there are recalls or something along those lines on your TV? I did at the time - and, of course, there were not.
  • May 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
    ken d williams

No I did not think of that , Judy KayTee, I will do that right away. I chose the Panasonic as I had read it was a reliable t v. I gues you can not goo by what we read. Thank you again , JudyKayTee.
  • May 18, 2010, 01:06 PM
    JudyKayTee

Sure - come back and let me know how you make out.

And I agree - Grrr.
  • May 18, 2010, 01:12 PM
    ken d williams

I could not find any thjing about a recall . Mind I am not so hot on wear to look. I found a sight , I left my experience. With the advice in not going to Comet ( U K ). I have to ask just what T V would you recommend , please , JudyKayTee.
    Ken ( D Williams )
  • May 18, 2010, 01:30 PM
    JudyKayTee

Believe it or not - I bought the big screen Panasonic after the problem with the "other" Panasonic. I recently added a third - and it's a Panasonic.

They have a good reputation - but I would buy the warranty!

I think some manufacturers have good models but then another model is not as reliable. It's hard to know.

I like Panasonic. Mine was under warranty so (aside from the inconvenience) the three repairs didn't cost me anything.

Did you look at this site? It ranks TVs (at the very bottom) and this might be helpful. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../cr_hdtvs.html

I also found that asking the clerk in the store (particularly if they are NOT on commission) was very helpful.
  • May 18, 2010, 01:37 PM
    ken d williams
    Quote:

Believe it or not - I bought the big screen Panasonic after the problem with the "other" Panasonic. I recently added a third - and it's a Panasonic.

They have a good reputation - but I would buy the warranty!

I think some manufacturers have good models but then another model is not as reliable. It's hard to know.

I like Panasonic. Mine was under warranty so (aside from the inconvenience) the three repairs didn't cost me anything.

Thank you again , Judy ( KayTee ) . I guess after getting burned , this time. I am still rather weary , mind , Comet , dos have a reputation of not to be trusted. I will defiantly invest in the warranty. Thank you so much.
    Ken ( D Williams )
  • May 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
    JudyKayTee

Good luck! Let us know what you purchase.
  • May 18, 2010, 01:52 PM
    ken d williams
    Quote:

Sure - come back and let me know how you make out.

And I agree - Grrr.

I will do that , Judy , and again thank you , Ken
  • Jun 21, 2010, 01:04 AM
    ken d williams

HI , Judy , I trust all is well with you. Just letting you know that I now have Samsung. I am happy with it , better pitcher. Only time will tell how good it is. Smaller than the Panasonic , so far I am happy with it. I would recommend LED over the plasma.
    Take care all the best , and thanks again.
    Ken