Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Routers (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   Username and Password are not working for 192.168.0.1 site. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=248020)

• Aug 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Username and Password are not working for 192.168.0.1 site.
    Hey, I have a Dlink 604+, I am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when I enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but I would like to know where to get the username and password. (like who to call or email etc.. )
  • Aug 11, 2008, 11:12 PM
    sGt HarDKorE
    Its not usually a capital A
  • Aug 12, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 24k
    Hey, i have a Dlink 604+, i am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when i enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but i would like to know where to get the username and password. (like who to call or email etc..)

Yeah I have tried both, still not working. If I call my ISP will they be able to provide this information?
  • Aug 12, 2008, 02:11 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 24k
    Yeah i have tried both, still not working. If i call my ISP will they be able to provide this information?

Usually they won't since you are setting up a home network that they don't support. You can reset the router to its factory settings and use the default logins-check your manual.
  • Aug 21, 2008, 05:05 PM
    lornmacumbsr
    Cannot access router have wrong name and/or password I guess
  • Nov 2, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Stratmando

Went to Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database
    Looks like none and admin, or admin and none.
    (user name/password).
    You can reset to default user name and password, you will likely loose all programmed info, be careful. Try the above password defaults.
    I realize this is an old post.
  • Jul 19, 2011, 10:54 AM
    mandouno
    I tried every thing to log in but it just does't work , any suggestions ?
    I would like to check the routers log but first I have to log in...
    I have a wndr3700 dual band wireless-n router..
    things I tried = ip address 192.168.0.1 OK there
    = admin & password , admin & admin nothing there either

• Jul 19, 2011, 03:27 PM
    Stratmando

It should be admin and password as you mentioned, In that case, you could reset router to Default User Name and Password, You will likely loose all programming and will need to configure from scratch.
    You are getting to the Login Screen for that Router?
  • Dec 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
    mattel
    I am having the same problem with my router. I can't seem to get anywhere on the page. Contacted D-Link and everything they suggested still doesn't work. Hope they fix the problem.
  • Dec 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Stratmando
    Do you get the D-Link sign on screen?