Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Administrative & Clerical Support (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Under wear problems in the office. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=581640)

• Jun 13, 2011, 04:41 AM
    SUSANUK
    Under wear problems in the office.
    Over the past few weeks my slip has been frequently been showing below my dress in the office,for some unknown reason the problem does not seem to happen elsewhere, may be it's the constant standing, sitting,reaching up and bending which causes the waist band to slip down.Now as it is only the back that seems to show I am not aware of the problem until some one tells me and I try to re adjust the waist band as soon as I am aware of this.But one male co worker has taken to saying in a loud voice Charlies Dead again Sue, he even watches me pulling the elastic up through my dress when I try to put things back in order, I have tried a full slip so that it does not show but I find these uncomfortable and warm for the office. His remarks make me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed, should I report it or do as afriend says just look him in the face and say sorry if I am upsetting you,time to grow up. Advice please.
    Susana
  • Jun 13, 2011, 04:45 AM
    tickle

Just address this yourself by telling him to mind his own business. You can't let him see that his remarks bother you, otherwise he will keep doing this to annoy you until it escalates further.

I handled that slip problem by just cutting the darn things off a little as it is nearly impossible to hem that material.

Tick
  • Jul 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
    SUSANUK
    I always wear a half slip under dresses and skirts and most of my slips are just a fraction shorter and this often causes me to show a couple of inches of slip when I reach up or bend over. Some of my slips will also slip a little at the back so that they show about half an inch when I am walking round.I have only ever received favourable or polite comments such as pretty slip today or if I have a black slip on which always tend to slip quite a lot, looking good and sexy today but it always said in a nice way.I think you should just ignore his comments and enjoy the favourable ones. The peril of wearing a half slip to the office is that they are always prone to slipping down, paticularly at the back.
    Sheila
    UK
  • Jul 16, 2011, 12:12 AM
    redhed35

Hairspray the back of the slip, I have not tried it myself, but hear it works a treat from keeping the slip, 'sliping'.

As for the unwanted comments, you can ignore them, or turn around look the offender dead in the eye and in a very serious tone ask 'am I bothering you'.

Most skirts today come with a slip already inserted, if your wearing an additional slip that may be the problem.

If your finding the comments upsetting you could always report it to you supervisor or manager.
  • Jul 16, 2011, 05:26 AM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SUSANUK View Post
    Sheila
    UK

Something is fishy here. This was posted a month ago under the Account SUSANUK and signed Susana.

Today, the same account posts an answer to the question but signs it Sheila UK.

What's going on?
  • Jul 16, 2011, 06:29 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Something is fishy here. This was posted a month ago under the Account SUSANUK and signed Susana.

Today, the same account posts an answer to the question but signs it Sheila UK.

What's going on?

I wondered the same thing.