Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Can true love be found younger than 16 years of age? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=112239)

• Jul 21, 2007, 10:48 PM
    yoitzlisa
    Can true love be found younger than 16 years of age?
    Hi

I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age?

• Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
    touji-za-nai
    I'm 16 and I'm not too sure I can.

So no
  • Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
    WillL300
    It's very unlikely. You are still young and all your feelings are going to be changing. It may feel that you are in love but no one really knows what it is. But it doesn't mean you can't start dating soon
  • Jul 22, 2007, 12:02 AM
    huno
    No.

At your age, you don't yet understand what love is. What you feel when you really like someone is lust, puppy love, etc. It's just an attraction based on superficial qualities (what they look like, what you imagine them to be like, etc.). You're not emotionally or mentally mature enough to appreciate someone as deeply as someone older and more experienced can. There's not really an age where you suddenly become capable of understanding love, but at 13, I doubt you're ready.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't meet guys and date and whatever else... just know that whenever you say "Oh he's the love of my life," it's not actually true. In fact, if you ever catch yourself saying that, slap yourself once or twice.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Shadow300
    Definitely keep dating, but love, well, it will catch you when you least expect it. Don't do anything you will regret, but it's just puppy love.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Skrypt
    There is no age limit to love.
    However it's how mature you are to deal with love that makes it even possible.
    ... and of course the older you are the more likely it is that you are mature.
    ... so from that you could infer that there is an age limit to love.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 09:43 AM
    shygrneyzs
    At 16, I would doubt that you can find the true love at this time. You need to know that there are different levels to love - not all love is the kind that a lasting relationship is built upon. Some writers say there are eight levels and some say three but what matters is that love evolves and it is not likely to start at the highest level.

If you read through some of the following, perhaps you will gain some understanding into your own feelings and thoughts.

Loving U and 8 Levels of Love
    http://www.eldrbarry.net/marriage/clas/bm04.pdf
    Three different kinds of love
    Typical Kinds of Love Addicts
  • Jul 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
    BN61239
    If you know each other well enough and he is not a stranger to you, of course. There is no age limit to love, I can guarantee it.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
    kholck
    Well, I'm 15 and almost 16 and I've been in love with my boyfriend who is 17 for a little over a year. I believe that love is true when you least expect it and that you would do anything for that person. Love is a powerful thing and is beautiful. If you believe you've found love, then I am so happy for you because it is so wonderful.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
    nauticalstar420
    Love is possible at 13, because anything is possible. The fact that it will actually happen, is unlikely. MOST 13 year olds are not mature enough to understand love and all that comes with it.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Wondergirl
    One of library volunteers is 74. He told me he liked a girl classmate in second grade and told her, "I'm going to marry you someday." She said, "Ok." They lost touch after grade school but found each other again during college. Meanwhile, they had dated others. While he was in the Navy, they married and eventually had three kids and lots of grandchildren. I guess true love can happen when you've very young.
  • Jul 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
    isourchildrenlearning
    Yes, true love can happen when you are young, though it is rare. But it CAN happen, and is not always puppy love.
  • Jul 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Canada_Sweety
    Deffinetly... unlikely but of course. When you're younger (in most cases) you're not 100% on all the facts, but anything happen:)
  • Jul 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
    becca04
    Love is something you can't second guess and when you are in love you will definitely know. At your age you are probably not but anything can happen but don't do anything stupid because you are so young and many years to find out what love is.
  • Jul 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
    ss4gilpin
    Love is unpredictable some times people fall in love in young its not iregular so I say it is possible
  • Jul 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
    SAMANTHA97
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yoitzlisa
    hi

I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age?

Hey I am 13 also and I have a boyfriend and we had sex early so I should scared but yes you can fall in love at that age
  • Jul 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Canada_Sweety
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMANTHA97
    hey i am 13 also and i have a boyfriend and we had sex early so i should scared but yes you can fall in love at that age

I think that because you yourself are 13, you are slightly bias to this question...
  • Jul 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
    lostinatrance
    It doesn't matter what age you are (well obviously at least be around 10), all that matters is your maturity.
  • Jul 29, 2007, 08:47 PM
    nikolaim247
    Comment on huno's post
    You are not in there shoes
  • Jul 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
    nikolaim247
    U got to follow your heart and not care what others think