Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medical Conditions & Diseases (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Bleeding when going to the bathroom (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=74373)

• Mar 21, 2007, 07:15 AM
    hlfway
    Bleeding when going to the bathroom
    I am an 18 year old woman.
    When I go to the bathroom I have recently found that I am bleeding when I go for a poop. What could be causing this? What do I need to do?
  • Mar 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
    jonjons1girl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hlfway
    When I go to the bathroom I have recently found that I am bleeding when I go for a poop. What could be causing this? What do I need to do?

It could be from a small tear in the lining of your rectum. It is very common, and can be caused by constipation or anything. It's important to have your Gyn doctor or regular doctor check it out and then they can repair the tear.
  • Mar 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Toddro61
    Most likely it is from a hemorrhoid. If you can't feel one on the outside, then it is probably an internal hemorrhoid. Search the internet and you will find lots of information on how to prevent them.
  • Mar 23, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Norahd
    Hi how are.

I saw your question. I think your problem could be Hemorrhoids. I think a visit to the doctor will confirm this. He/She could prescribe cream or suppositories. They usually clear over time.

Good luck.

Norahd
  • Mar 23, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Parajr
    Sounds like hemorrhoids to me also. I think women are more proned to this condition.
  • Mar 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Matt3046
    That's just gross, go to the doctor.
  • Mar 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
    kepi
    It could be either a Hemorroid or tearing in the rectum. You should to go a doctor ASAP.
  • Mar 23, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Matt3046
    Yeah not to sound mean (you are young) but as a general rule anytime you are not sure you need to go to the doctor. If you can not afford it, go to the emergency room and give them a fake name.
  • Mar 23, 2007, 07:24 PM
    kepi
    Or a Teen Clinic. They are anonimous, and can tell you if you have a tear or a hemorrhoid.
  • Sep 15, 2007, 01:34 PM
    nikki_22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hlfway

Bright red blood usually means hemorroids. These can be cause from constipation. Usually this is due to dehydration. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Pop or juice is just not the same. Eating salads, whole grains, and staying away from fast foods will help. If you are on any meds, ask you doctor if this could be a possible side effect. If your stools are black and tarry, this could indicate bleeding from you colon, which is serious. The red blood is fresh, so it's most likely a localized problem. Are you on birth control? If hemorroid cream, water, and diet and exercise don't help within a week or two, then you should go to the doctor. If you have any other symptoms at all, go to the doctor right away. They may ask you to give a stool sample and will provide an exam. Don't worry about it. I had the same thing a while back and it was just roids. If you sit down a lot at work or school, that could contribute too. Good luck to you!
  • Sep 17, 2007, 07:10 AM
    kepi
    Also, you should try an Over-the-counter stool softener :)
  • Sep 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Varoth
    Probably a tear, go see a doc to get it fixed.
  • Sep 19, 2007, 05:28 AM
    123gemma
    hi, I'm in hopsital at the moment for the same thing apart from constant pain as well, the doctors here think I may have chromes desase, it is so important to go to your local gp or up to your closest hospital, I know its embarissing but u really need to have it checked out good luck x x x