Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hair Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=500)
-   -   Takes 2 hours to straighten my hair. Late to school (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=159276)

• Dec 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
    xxhopingtearsxx
    Takes 2 hours to straighten my hair. Late to school
    Every school day, I have to straighten my hair and put so much hairspray my hair is stiff as a block (I'm serious about this its stiff.. except the block thing. Or else my skull would be broken). It takes me two hours to straighten my hair and I keep getting late to school. Actually, it takes me one hour and forty five minutes. I wake up at 6 AM and start straightening my hair around 6:12 AM because it takes me a while to get up. I have to leave the house at 7:30 AM but I end up leaving around 7:45 or 7:50 AM and getting late. I'm a male by the way. People say I look hot with my hair straightened (girls) and guys like it too. When I don't straighten my hair, it's wavy and very very very puffy.

I use Sunsilk Straighten-up shampoo and conditioner and the cream in case you need to know.

I cover my right eye with my bangs in case you need to know. I used to cover my left eye..

What do I do? My right side is always hard to straighten for some reason BTW.. I have to find the right way to hold the straightener since I don't know why but it's easier to straighten my left side. It used to be my left side that bothers me but now it's my right side. Sometimes one layer when I straighten it, it puffs out.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
    mjl
    What is it that you are trying to ask/need help with?
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
    xxhopingtearsxx
    How can I straighten my hair faster?
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:10 PM
    karrybabe
    You could shave it off!
    If you feel the need to straighten it everyday, you should look at getting the permanent chemical straightening - I don't know if that's what it is actually called.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
    xxhopingtearsxx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by karrybabe
    You could shave it off!!

Um, that's not what I would like to do. I like my hair straightened.. I like my hair being different from other guys.. while other guys get up and go to school without even noticing the existence of their hair.

Btw, isn't permanent straightening quite expensive? I've heard it is.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:21 PM
    mjl
    If you don't want to straighten your hair everday then get a different hair style. There isn't much of any other choice.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:24 PM
    albear
    Get up earlier if it means that much to you
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:29 PM
    xxhopingtearsxx
    ... I'm not reading any more answers since none of you are any much help.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:30 PM
    karrybabe
    You need to get a cut/style that suits your hair type if you want easy maintenance. Obviously your style is high maintenance, so you have to accept that it takes you two hours, or spend the money on permanent straightening.
    If you didn't use so much product then you might be able to get away with not having to wet or wash your hair everyday. I straighten mine and it stays good for three days.
    Are you using decent straightening irons? Some of them don't keep the hair as straight and take longer to straighten.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
    mjl
    We are just giving you the truth... If you don't want to deal with straightening you hair then choose a different hair style.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
    albear
    Go to bed earlier, and get up earlier so you have more time... simple depending on how much dedication you have
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:32 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    ... I'm not reading any more answers since none of you are any much help.

Excuse me? They are trying to help you, but you are not liking the answers you get.

The simple answer to your question is get up earlier. If you like your straight hair that much, get up 15 minutes earlier.
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
    N0help4u
    Maybe you could try a ceramic hair straightener.
    Vidal sasson and Marcel make some good ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
    albear
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9
    Excuse me? They are trying to help you, but you are not liking the answers you get.

The simple answer to your question is get up earlier. If you like your straight hair that much, get up 15 minutes earlier.

Thank you,
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    bushg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Maybe you could try a ceramic hair straightener.
    Vidal sasson and Marcel make some good ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener

This is what my daughter use, it works great for her... nohelp empty your message box
  • Dec 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
    albear
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bushg
    this is what my daughter use, it works great for him...

:confused:
  • Dec 4, 2007, 05:23 PM
    PrettyLady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    Every school day, I have to straighten my hair and put so much hairspray my hair is stiff as a block (i'm serious about this its stiff.. except the block thing. Or else my skull would be broken). It takes me two hours to straighten my hair and I keep getting late to school. Actually, it takes me one hour and fourty five minutes. I wake up at 6 AM and start straightening my hair around 6:12 AM because it takes me a while to get up. I have to leave the house at 7:30 AM but I end up leaving around 7:45 or 7:50 AM and getting late. I'm a male btw. People say I look hot with my hair straightened (girls) and guys like it too. When I don't straighten my hair, it's wavy and very very very puffy.

I use Sunsilk Straighten-up shampoo and conditioner and the cream incase you need to know.

I cover my right eye with my bangs incase you need to know. I used to cover my left eye..

What do I do? My right side is always hard to straighten for some reason BTW.. I have to find the right way to hold the straightener since I dont know why but it's easier to straighten my left side. It used to be my left side that bothers me but now it's my right side. Sometimes one layer when i straighten it, it puffs out.

If it takes you 2 hours to straighten your hair, try using a bigger flat iron. The wider unit flat irons will work faster and save you time. Make sure you use the proper temperature setting for your hair type. If you want a smoother look, try applying a serum to your hair before you straighten it.