Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Trouble breathing. Stressed out. Headaches (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=185692)

• Feb 19, 2008, 12:41 AM
    sallzsxc444
    Trouble breathing. Stressed out. Headaches
    Hey I'm 14 and I've been having a rough social life for about a year now and I'm having trouble breathing... it only started like half an hour ago and it has never happened to me before... if I don't think about breathing and force myself to breathe then I stop breathing... it feels like I'm not getting enough air even though I'm taking huge breaths... I'm having these huge headaches and I feel like I'm going to faint... is this from stress? Only just about 20 minutes ago I found out that my guy best friend (well used to be my guy best friend) hates me and I don't know why... he's a really nice guy who respects girls but he hates me... I know I did something wrong but I don't know what is was... I forget and I don't want to try and remember because I know if I think about it I will only just get more and more stressed out about it... so please tell me something I can do to calm myself down... it feels better when I don't breathe but I know I have to breathe so I only stop breathing for a maximum of 10 seconds... help me!! I'm scared!
  • Feb 19, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Greg Quinn
    Because it feels better when you don't breath it seems like anxiety and that is very very common. It could be a few things. It could be Asthma, or you could have a anxiety disorder. For both of these problems you should see a doctor.
    1- A doctor will be able to tell you what it is.
    2- A doctor will be able to help you and direct you medications, or other useful methods of dealing with your problem. Here is a link for Anxiety... Remember, you may have a lot of the symptoms but actually have another problem. Anxiety can cause asthma attacks.
    Anxiety Attacks and Disorders: Symptoms, Types, and Treatment
  • Feb 19, 2008, 12:55 AM
    sallzsxc444
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Because it feels better when you don't breath it seems like anxiety. It could be a few things. It could be Asthma, or you could have a anxiety disorder. For both of these problems you should see a doctor.
    1- A doctor will be able to tell you what it is.
    2- A doctor will be able to help you and direct you medications, or other useful methods of dealing with your problem. Here is a link for Anxiety... Remember, you may have a lot of the symptoms but actually have another problem. Anxiety can cause asthma attacks.

Lol I don't have asthma OK I don't have anything medically wrong with me so it can't be asthma...

Could it just be stress?
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Greg Quinn
    LOL... After I had a bad break up, I had the same problem you do. When ever something would come up that caused me to get a little excited, I would simply be out of air. But if this just happened now and it is that severe, maybe you should think about seeing a doctor? I'm sure its stress, but why is stress doing this to a healthy 14 year old?
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:04 AM
    sallzsxc444
    Quote:

LOL... After I had a bad break up with my daughters mother, I had the same problem you do.

And you did what to stop it?
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Greg Quinn
    I read up on anxiety, I got some medication to help me relax. Then it just went away after a few months, I was only on the medication for a little while. Now I only lose my breath when I watch America vote for their president.
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:13 AM
    sallzsxc444
    Quote:

I read up on anxiety, I got some medication to help me relax. Then it just went away after a few months, I was only on the medication for a little while. Now I only lose my breath when I watch America vote for their president.

Uh huh this won't last a few months its like only going to last like a night or something I just want to know like a breathing exercise to help it because its annoying me I can't concerntrate on anything but breathing and I feel weak in the muscles
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Greg Quinn
    Go to the link I provided you and you should find some breathing exercises.
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:16 AM
    Greg Quinn
    You don't like going to the doctors?
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:19 AM
    sallzsxc444
    Quote:

Go to the link I provided you and you should find some breathing exercises.

What link?
  • Feb 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Greg Quinn