Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Criminal Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=407)
-   -   How to find someone on probation (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=368689)

• Jun 24, 2009, 06:42 PM
    mariellah1
    How to find someone on probation
    How to find out if someone is on probation/parole
  • Jun 24, 2009, 07:56 PM
    twinkiedooter

For probation you would have to know which county he was convicted in and then call up the Criminal Court Clerk's Office, give them his name and birth date (if you know it) and they will give you any criminal cases he's been involved in. Copy down each case number as the Clerk gives them to you. At the same time ask the Clerk for the Final Disposition of the Case. This will give you the sentencing for that particular case. In that sentencing you will learn how many months in jail he got and how many months/years probation he got.

For cases involving prison time, you would have to get the Final Disposition of the Case as well. It will indicate which prison they were sent to. You can find out if he is on parole by calling the parole office if he was indeed sentenced to prison (not county jail).

If that county is online you can research each case under the Docket entries. The last few entries will contain a thumbnail of the Final Dispositition of the case spelling out how many years/months in jail/prison he got. Probation is easy to determine, parole is a little harder.

This is all public information.
  • Jun 24, 2009, 09:51 PM
    JimGunther

I was a probation officer for seven years in Maryland and had plenty of people call with the same question. A person is on probation supervision which is conducted by the probation office nearest their residence. This is because, as a general rule, they have to do home and employment verifications and conduct office visits. While many aspects of probation are considered private (such as how they are doing on probation), the fact that a person is on probation is public information. Its on the Internet in my state.

Call up the nearest probation office, they should be able to tell you. If the person is on probation and is causing you some sort of problem, let them know.
  • Jun 25, 2009, 07:58 AM
    mariellah1
    GOT HIM, called the Criminal clerks office not on probation yet but there is case's pending. Thanks
  • Jun 25, 2009, 02:14 PM
    twinkiedooter

Then keep checking and see how much jail/probation time he gets and when it starts.
  • Jun 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
    rjearnest
    My ex is on probation in Bexar County Texas and he owes me over 13,000.00 in child support, how would I be able to contact the probation department to let them know he is violating a court order?
  • Jun 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
    JudyKayTee

Have a Court rule that he is in violation of the support order, take it to the County Collection Unit - they'll find him.
  • May 9, 2012, 06:47 AM
    stillstanding
    How do I find out who someone's Probation Officer is?
  • May 9, 2012, 08:20 AM
    JudyKayTee
    In my area you can't - the best you can do is call the Clerk of the Court that handled the sentencing, leave a message, explain why you need to speak to the PO.