Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Could my boyfriend be cheating on me with his baby momma? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=592581)

• Aug 13, 2011, 12:44 PM
    gothXXX
    Could my boyfriend be cheating on me with his baby momma?
    So I've had a feeling for some time that my Bf could be cheating on me with his baby momma. They have 2 kids (pretty young) and I mean, till recently they have started getting along.

I have no problem with him seeing his kids but I've overheard him say that he will always have feelings for her. Maybe its me, just over thinking, but it makes me feel horrible thinking about him cheating on me.

We have been together for 3 years. We don't live together, so I really don't know what he is doing when we aren't together. He goes to his baby mommas house and sees the kids after I leave. Usually he stays till 9 or 10. She calls a lot. He won't answer the phone when I'm around, and the main reason they broke up after being 5 years together, is because she cheated on him.

He won't tell me a lot about her. So what do you guys think?
  • Aug 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
    talaniman

I think without proof or solid evidence you air your feelings through talking and then let it go. It also seems as though your relationship is not as deep, committed, or defined well enough that you know where you stand, or where its going, and that may be part of the problem.
  • Aug 13, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Fr_Chuck

It is normal to have feelings for the mother of your children forever and he will have ties to her closely till they are gown and in some ways forever.

His staying at her house to me, is a issue since normal visits , he picks up the kids and takes them to his place, not staying over at hiers
  • Aug 14, 2011, 03:53 AM
    vanheart
    I think he is using you, honestly

Are you prepared to deal with this crap? Doesn't sound like he is treating you the way you imagined.

Here's your proof:
    "he will always have feelings for her"
    "we dont live together"
    " really dont know what he is doing when we arent together" ( WHY NOT ?)

I would get out of this.

Show him who's boss.

Don't EVER be 2nd best.

Hes screwing his ex then coming home to you.

Do you want that?
  • Aug 14, 2011, 11:20 AM
    liz28

It is good that at least the two of them are getting along. After all they have two kids together.

Now you mentioned he won't tell you much about her but I am unsure what it is that you want to know? You know he was in a relationship with her for 5 years and he left her after he found out she was cheating. And they have 2 kids together. I think that is it!

Now if he does have his own place I don't understand why the kids can't go to his house for him to spend time with them instead of being at her house for hours. Then she calls a lot for what? I highly doubt her calling a lot have to do with the kids.

As Tal stated you need to talk to him about this and don't do it over the phone. Do it face to face! Don't accuse him of anything just voice your feelings in a civil way and choose your words carefully. Now if he gets defensive or his body language is not matching his words then you should know he is lying. After all, you been with him for 3 years so you should know when he is lying.
  • Jun 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Jazmine_Monroe
    My boyfriend use to live with his baby mama and they also have to kids together and when ever he use to be at my house she would call 24/7 and always text him and ask what is he doing and he would lie to her and say he's at his friends house that would make me so mad than when she would call he would ask me to be quiet I would get so mad because it always make's me think they're still together.. I understand he has to take care of his kids yeah but he always would tell me he hate her ; he hate's hearing her ; and much more.. so yeah I think my boyfriend is cheating on me with his baby mama but yet I'm still with him why? Idk! I wish I could just leave him alone but I can't because I love him && he clam he love's me.. I really believe he does love me because we been together for a while now && we haven't had sex ONCE and it Don't bother him.. he ask's about it A lot but he gets over it.. so my advice to you is to just be careful and watch how they act around each other and tell him how you feel.. Don't just assume like I did