Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cars & Trucks (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Need a code for my honda accord cd player (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=12842)

• Sep 18, 2005, 12:01 PM
    frustrated80
    Need a code for my honda accord cd player
    I need help in obtaining a code for my honda accord cd player. Earlier today I changed my battery and since that time I have discovered that in doing so I have activated my anti-theft system and now need a code to enter into my system to get it working again. After reading on the web, apparently I will have to pay the dealer $$ to obtain the code for me, but had I purchased the car first hand myself from the dealer they would have given it to me without charge. I'm in school full time and low on cash... does anyone know the steps to putting in the code to the car? How many digits the code usually is? I'm willing to fool around with it to save some $$, I just need the steps. I'm extremely pissed that my car has not prevented me from stealing my own stereo and I have no music. Other honda car owners make sure you have your code before changing the battery/alternator, etc.
  • Sep 18, 2005, 12:54 PM
    wzartv
    I have heard that some models have the code on a little tag on the inside of the trunk lid. Try checking around there. I'm not sure if that pertains to your model. Good luck!
  • May 13, 2006, 02:43 PM
    janellevenancio
    I have the same problem with my 99 accord so let me know if you've figured it out
  • May 16, 2006, 08:45 AM
    RickJ
    I can't find the thread that I'm pretty sure I saw recently, but I think you have to call the dealer for the code if it's not on a tag on the car somewhere.
  • Jul 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Vel
    You must have noted down the code while replacing the battery.It's a 5 digits code.
  • Jul 24, 2007, 12:53 PM
    wzartv
    Thanks for your response, but this article is over a year old and I doubt the person who inquired even cares anymore. Make sure you look at the date before posting. (I'm just getting tired of getting year-old update messages.)

Thanks and best wishes!
  • Feb 15, 2009, 10:29 AM
    boomspa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    You must have noted down the code while replacing the battery.It's a 5 digits code.

I have missplace my code and I need it 4 my car
  • Jan 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
    ShannonL
    I had the same problem today. Just look inside your glove box for a sticker. The first number on the sticker should be the code and the second number should be the cd player's serial#. If u don't see either one, you can call HondaUSA at 1-800-999-1009 just give them your VIN# and CD player serial# and they will give you the unlock code for FREE! If your cd player display reads, CODE, just enter it but if it says, Code Error you must unhook your car battery, hook it back up and then try the code. HOPE THIS HELPS!