Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Nursing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Breastfeed baby (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=635558)

• Feb 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    Breastfeed baby
    Is it okay for my baby to be breastfeed by others while I'm working... She never liked a bottle
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
    J_9
    Would you seriously consider letting other women breast feed your baby?
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
    mamaof2boys
    You have someone else willing to nurse your child?
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    The wife of my husband's brother had a 2 month old daughter and their baby was allergic in her milk.. so she nurse my 7 month baby to ease her breast pain... while I'm having trouble with my baby I tried every bottle but she always refusing it.. so when my daughter is starving she was also fed by the wife of my husband brother.. it it okay? But I still nurse my baby after I got from work
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
    J_9
    I suppose it is okay depending on your culture. According to my culture it is not okay. I would feel very uncomfortable having my child at the breast of another woman.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
    taxesforaliens
    I see nothing wrong with that. Wet nursing was very common especially in Europe.
    If you and your SIL are okay with it and she is healthy, why not?
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    Will it affect my baby's health? Ma'am/sir j_9 I hope you could answer my question about my episiostmy
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    J_9
    I feel that it is a very personal bonding time with mother and baby. Again, this is my culture.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    I really want to nurse my baby the whole time but I really got to work.. I also want her to learn to feed by bottle but she still refusing it
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    I really respect your culture j_9.. if I don't have work I also want to nurse my baby alone.. I really misses her so much especially when I'm at work
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
    J_9
    Pearl, she won't go hungry. Feel free to pump your breast milk and put it in a bottle. She will learn how to take a bottle, but not over night. It will take some time, but don't be afraid that she will starve, she won't.

I will look at your thread about the episiotomy.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
    taxesforaliens
    You might find this site helpful/informative/helpful:
    http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvjulaug95p53.html
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
    Wondergirl
    Mothers have had wet nurses for centuries. If you are comfortable with it, it would be valuable for both your baby and your husband's brother's wife.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by taxesforaliens View Post
    You might find this site helpful/informative/helpful:
    LLLI | Wet Nursing and Cross Nursing

As a nurse specializing in Labor, Delivery and newborn health, I have a serious problem with LLL. I also have a personal problem with them when they told me, no almost demanded, that I breast feed my youngest child. After I told them that I had had a bilateral radical mastectomy 6 years prior to his birth they told me that was no excuse NOT to breast feed... EXCUSE ME... I had no breasts to feed him with.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    j_9

I also tried to pump my milk in a bottle I let somebody to give it to her but it fails.. I also tried to give it to her while in breastfeed position but when she saw the bottle under my shirt she refuse to take it.. we starve her but nothing works we tried different bottles.. we also tried to feed her by spoon.. .

• Feb 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
    J_9
    Have you tried different nipples? I promise you she won't starve to death, it just takes time for her to adjust from the breast to the bottle.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    taxesforaliens

The site was not found...

Wondergirl

Thank you.. I think she's fine but I still wantg to find a way to feed her through a training cup or bottle
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    Yes I tried.. I tried latex and silicone.. different brands before she drinks water from a bottle but now she only drinks a little..
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:56 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    She will start, find the one she seems to do best with and after several times,it will come.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
    pearl_mysty7
    Before she was breastfeed she starve herself for hours.. for her to be able to refuse the bottle.. she sleep long hours.. when she wakes up she was so weak.. I feel guilty for my baby.. because she started to loose weight when I got to work