Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Marriage (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Do married men having affairs love their mistresses? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=83422)

• Apr 16, 2007, 09:52 PM
    michelejoyce
    Do married men having affairs love their mistresses?
    Kjkjkjkjk
  • Apr 16, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Poggle
    I am not having an affair, I love my wife, but I would say from past experience, that yes, a man can definitely love more than one woman at the same time. Sucks maybe, but true.
  • Apr 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
    michelejoyce
    That is what I was afraid of
  • Apr 17, 2007, 01:05 AM
    JoeCanada76
    Why what is your personal situation. Is your husband or boyfriend cheating on you. If so, it is time to drop the sack of dirt and move on.

Joe
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Normally no, normally they are looking to build up some of their own ego, or just bored with the same old sex. There is that 1 in 100 that do leave their wife ( or more often their wife kicks them out when they find out) but most will dump the girlfriend on the side if it risks their marriage.
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Krs
    Is there more to this question? :cool:
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:47 AM
    talaniman
    I imagine that they do love their mistress on some level, but its not a healthy love if you really look at it. If it was would it cause all that misery and pain??
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:49 AM
    shygrneyzs
    Do married love their mistresses? They call it love and it can be a type of love - but is it the marrying kind of love? Must not be, or the woman would not be a mistress any more, but a new wife.
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Krs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman
    I imagine that they do love their mistress on some level, but its not a healthy love if you really look at it. If it was would it cause all that misery and pain????

Couldn't spread the love as I agree with you a lot about not a healthy love, its also a very selfish kind of love if you tell me.
  • Apr 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Capuchin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Poggle
    I am not having an affair, I love my wife, but I would say from past experience, that yes, a man can definitely love more than one woman at the same time. Sucks maybe, but true.

Doesn't make sense to me. If the man loves 2 women, a wife and a mistress, then he is hurting the wife intentionly, and therefore he cannot really love her... It goes against the definition of love that I choose to use. You can only love 1 woman if you truly love them (unless there is some sort of mutual arrangement where neither woman is hurt).
  • Jul 20, 2007, 02:19 PM
    tobeamiss
    To answer the original question... "NO"
  • Jul 20, 2007, 03:00 PM
    woh337
    I think it is possible, depends on the cases. The mistresses can be their soulmates, more than a sex partner. Then I guess the man has to pick whoever he feels the most for.
  • Jul 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
    talaniman
    Yes Of course they do, as long as the men get what they want they will love their mistresses with all their hearts. Cut out the sex and soulmate or not adios on to someother.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:23 PM
    tobeamiss
    talaniman, I tried to rate your answer but couldn't. What does this mean?
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again" .
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
    AliMarGoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeamiss

This means that you are only a Junior Member and he is a Relationship Expert and has a lot more greenies and experience. Until your level on here builds up then you cannot give greenies or reddies to higher-up members.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:43 PM
    nauticalstar420
    Quote:

It means you rated him recently and cannot rate him until you rate some other people. :)
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:48 PM
    tobeamiss
    Thank you :-)
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Skell
    Probably not. But one thing for sure is that they don't love their wife very much.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 10:57 PM
    alsmiley
    He loves neither the wife or the mistress as love requires respect. It is also a sign that he does not love or respect himself (low self respect like low self esteem).

I pity all involved in an affair but more so the man who does not know himself well enough to respect himself, and one that would risk losing the most important thing God gives us, our family.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 11:00 PM
    alsmiley
    Quote:

I had the same problem before, I found it happens if you try to agree with the same user twice in a row. Once you agree or disagree with another user than you can rate talaniman again.