Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Go with your Heart of hearts and then who do you want. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=264112)

• Oct 14, 2008, 05:39 PM
    kanicky73

Twinkiedooter_ there are so many discrepancies in Barrack Obama's history etc. I am a little put off by the fact that his father was involved in a pretty shady operation back in Kenya. Does the apple fall far from the tree? Why did his father leave Kenya and then die in a car accident shortly after. Seems a little strange to me. And the fact that Barrack Obama has turned his back on family members that he promised he would put on the ticket with him and then decided not to. I certainly don't want to be responsible for voting for someone who might possibly have an ulterior motive. I know its probably far fetched but I will tell you that if someone would have come to me back in 1999 or 2000 and told me that terrorists were going to hiijack our commercial planes and fly them into the world trade centers and the pentagon. I would have looked at them like they had three heads. One never knows. I would rather vote for someone who served in our military and actually stood up for us as a country and is proud to have done so.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 06:29 PM
    BABRAM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Obama traveled overseas on his Indonesian passport when he was age 20. Why didn't he use his AMERICAN PASSPORT? Because he didn't have one as he was still a citizen of Indonesia.

Where is the official seal on his alleged Hawaii birth certificate? I don't find any and neither does anyone else. It's a forgery.

How did his mother miraculously fly from Kenya to Hawaii when she was 9 months pregnant when airlines deny pregnant women on their planes?

Pssst... Detective Purple Lips,

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

"Recently FactCheck representatives got a chance to spend some time with the birth certificate, and we can attest to the fact that it is real and three-dimensional and resides at the Obama headquarters in Chicago. We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka (who uses a signature stamp rather than signing individual birth certificates). We even brought home a few photographs.

You can click on the photos to get full-size versions, which haven't been edited in any way, except that some have been rotated 90 degrees for viewing purposes.

The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: "your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records." The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.

The scan released by the campaign shows halos around the black text, making it look (to some) as though the text might have been pasted on top of an image of security paper. But the document itself has no such halos, nor do the close-up photos we took of it. We conclude that the halo seen in the image produced by the campaign is a digital artifact from the scanning process.

We asked the Obama campaign about the date stamp and the blacked-out certificate number. The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly. The campaign didn't release its copy until 2008, after speculation began to appear on the Internet questioning Obama's citizenship. The campaign then rushed to release the document, and the rush is responsible for the blacked-out certificate number. Says Shauna: "[We] couldn't get someone on the phone in Hawaii to tell us whether the number represented some secret information, and we erred on the side of blacking it out. Since then we've found out it's pretty irrelevant for the outside world." The document we looked at did have a certificate number; it is 151 1961 - 010641.
    "

snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

Quote:

I think you are a disinformation agent. Anyone who brags that their cousins are in the Mafia and in prison is certainly a hoot. Anyone real person in the Mafia does not brag about it because there is no Mafia according to them and they don't go around telling other people of their business. This proves that you are a fake. You've been watching too much Hollywood pablum. I don't think you would recognize a real person who is actually in the Mafia if your life depended on it as they are highly secretive of their associations. The Italian Scicilian Mafia is a highly secretive organization. They do not banty about this information.

Hey little old motor mouth, the word is "Sicilian." I live, work, and breath Las Vegas, sugar. The Sicilian mob, is not the same as the American mob. How little you know. I was not bragging. That was not about me, but my cousins and only to point out the fact there is nobody that has a perfect family for all you hypocrites.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 06:52 PM
    twinkiedooter

There is no American Mob. They are American Gangsters or American Criminals.

You don't know how to spell either. The word is breathe not breath.

And posting the crap from snopes just shows how ignorant you truly are. I can spend all day going onto the web and playing cut and paste. That does not impress me one iota that you go to the pro-Obama sites and play cut and paste. I, too, can go to anti-Obama sites and play the same game you do.

Sherman Skolnick exposed this fraud for what he truly is. Sherman said a few years ago during the Hurricaine Katrina disaster dated 9/7/05
    http://www.rense.com/general67/over80.htm
    "2. Did Russian president Putin, suspecting he might be blamed for Hurricane Katrina, jump the gun? Just prior to Katrina hitting the Gulf, Putin noted that two U.S. Senators were in Russia snooping around off-limits secret facilities. That is U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D., Ill.) originally from the former British colony of Kenya and a year previous, before Obama was elected, was publicly fingered by me as a British spy; and his accomplice in Russia, U.S. Senator Richard Lugar (R. Ind.). "

Sherman Skolnick was a life long resident of Chicago and knew all about the corrupt Chicago political machine. He did plenty of exposing of crooked judges and politicians in his lifetime. Chicago being his specialty you could say. Why would Sherman Skolnick say this 3 years ago about him? Odd, isn't it? Sherman was never wrong about things like this either.

You still didn't address my question of why Obama was using an Indonesian passport at age 20? He never reaffirmed his US Citizenship. He lost his citizenship when he lived in Indonesia. Indonesia did not recognize dual citizenship until 2006 and the US did not recognize dual citizenship with any country that did not reciprocate dual citizenship. He cannot produce the reaffirmation of his US citizenship.

The political machine of Chicago can elect virtually anyone they so choose regardless of what country they have their citizenship in. Grow up.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 06:59 PM
    twinkiedooter
    Pssst... Detective Purple Lips,

Hey little old motor mouth

Frankly, I do not appreciate such childish slurs. I don't call you names. You are running the mouth here trying to push this jerk down our throats if anything and I don't like it.

And your factcheck is run by Annenberg. Odd how Obama has known these people for years, both Mr. and Mrs. Annenberg. He's dead but she isn't. I really would not believe a thing that factcheck has to offer quite frankly.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
    BABRAM
    Quote:

You are running the mouth here trying to push this jerk down our throats if anything and I don't like it.

That's classic!! I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming down my cheeks. :D

Quote:

There is no American Mob. They are American Gangsters or American Criminals..

Apparently you get your education believing fictitious programs on the idiot box. The American mafia is an offshoot of the Sicilian mafia. American Mafia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

You don't know how to spell either. The word is breathe not breath..

Use the spell check then. It was a lot closer than "Scicilian."

Quote:

And posting the crap from snopes just shows how ignorant you truly are. I can spend all day going onto the web and playing cut and paste. That does not impress me one iota that you go to the pro-Obama sites and play cut and paste. I, too, can go to anti-Obama sites and play the same game you do.

Oh! For using "snopes.com" and "factcheck.org," I'm ignorant? Wow! I'll certainly never accuse you of having the facts.

What's Your Evidence?: Is Factcheck.org "in the tank for" Obama? Is Factcheck.org owned by the Chicago Annenberg Foundation?

Quote:

Sherman Skolnick exposed this fraud for what he truly is. Sherman said a few years ago during the Hurricaine Katrina disaster dated 9/7/05
    Overthrow Of The American Republic - Part 80 Hurricane Katrina - Who Benefits?
    "2. Did Russian president Putin, suspecting he might be blamed for Hurricane Katrina, jump the gun? Just prior to Katrina hitting the Gulf, Putin noted that two U.S. Senators were in Russia snooping around off-limits secret facilities. That is U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D., Ill.) originally from the former British colony of Kenya and a year previous, before Obama was elected, was publicly fingered by me as a British spy; and his accomplice in Russia, U.S. Senator Richard Lugar (R., Ind.). "

Sherman Skolnick was a life long resident of Chicago and knew all about the corrupt Chicago political machine. He did plenty of exposing of crooked judges and politicians in his lifetime. Chicago being his specialty you could say. Why would Sherman Skolnick say this 3 years ago about him? Odd, isn't it? Sherman was never wrong about things like this either.

You still didn't address my question of why Obama was using an Indonesian passport at age 20? He never reaffirmed his US Citizenship. He lost his citizenship when he lived in Indonesia. Indonesia did not recognize dual citizenship until 2006 and the US did not recognize dual citizenship with any country that did not reciprocate dual citizenship. He cannot produce the reaffirmation of his US citizenship.

The political machine of Chicago can elect virtually anyone they so choose regardless of what country they have their citizenship in. Grow up.

Look Ma Kettle... Republican candidate John McCain is in the political fight of his life and if there was any possibility that Obama could be knocked out of this election, even by technicality of citizenship, he would had already done so. His financial backer and wife, Cindy McCain, has more money tied up in few brokerage funds than most local small town banks. He can afford the best investigation team available and judging from his barrage of recent negative campaign TV ads he's desperate. This is John's second and last chance at the White House. BTW "Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982."

What's Your Evidence?: August 2008
  • Oct 15, 2008, 06:40 AM
    kanicky73

Babram_ I have to be honest hear and say that you are acting like a true liberal if I ever saw one! Why is it that us conservatives can have nice political conversations and share our views and opinions and you liberals argue to the point of resorting to name calling? You can cut and paste as many excerpts and articals that you want to, you are not going to change our minds on who we are going to vote for. We on the other hand are simply telling you the reasons that we are not going to vote for Hussein , sorry Barrack Obama. There isn't a darn thing you can say to change our minds. We are not trying to change your mind but you quite frankly are trying so hard to change ours that when you see its not working or someone proves your point wrong, you start name calling. Such a liberal!!
  • Oct 15, 2008, 06:46 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kanicky73 View Post
    There isnt a darn thing you can say to change our minds.

So why are you posting here?
    Posting negative comments about the candidate you don't support. Such a conservative!!

Here are your words: "I hate it when people get so unbelievably angry over politics."
    Follow your own advice.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 06:52 AM
    excon
    Hello k:

I would hope Babram sounds like a true liberal, because he proudly IS.

But YOU, on the other hand, have exposed yourself as a racist by suggesting, somehow, that his middle name means something other than what YOUR middle name means.

I knew you couldn't help yourself. It just kind of comes out of you guys. Poor girl.

excon

PS> Besides. I don't know why you think calling someone a liberal is a slur. You've been listening to entirely too much Rush Limprod.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 06:53 AM
    NeedKarma
    ^^
    Proud to be a liberal!
  • Oct 15, 2008, 07:21 AM
    kanicky73

Again somehow you got offended by me calling you guys liberals... you are aren't you? And how unintelligent you sound by quoting me and calling me a racist because I said his name sounds a certain way to me. If you took the time to go back and read the beginning of that comment, I said that I would love to see a black president, it would finally show that we are all over this racism thing. But as usual you only read what you wanted to read. I am in no way shape or form trying to change anyone's mind. You have the absolute right to be liberal and vote for who you want to. You took me calling you a liberal as a dig?? Why?? If you all are so proud to be liberals then when somenone calls you one don't get so defensive. You can call me a conservative until your faces turn blue and it doesn't hurt my feelings. If you look up the definitions for both words in the dictionary maybe you would understand a little bit more. So call me conservative all you want, its OK go ahead. I am proud of the fact that I am conservative with my money, and able to provide for my families future because of it. I don't just throw money around and spend it just for the sake of spending it foolishly. So when it comes to being called a conservative, it makes me proud to be called that. When this discussion first started I simply voiced my opinions just like every one else on here and even said that I knew it sounded silly that I get caught up on his name. But that is how I feel. His name is not the only reason that I will not be voting for him. But it wasn't until I was attacked that I voiced the rest of my opinion and was then attacked more for doing so. Policitcs are never going to be an easy thing for people to talk about. I respect everyone's opinions on here in every aspect. You have your reasons for voting for Obama and I have said it more than once, I respect your opinions. But when someone else gives you the reasons for why they don't want to vote for them, you go off on a tangent of cutting and pasting and trying to prove everyone wrong. You have based your opinions on what you have heard and read and so have I. Leave it at that. Calling someone names like motor mouth and ridiculous things like that is just childish and you deep down know that. What purpose does it serve? Don't you want us to view you as an intelligent person that we can have an intelligent political conversations with? Maybe I would listen a little more intently if you weren't using kindergarten words like "ma kettle". If you want to be taken seriously and heard as an adult, then present yourself as one. As far as calling me a racist, I think that you sunk extremely low this time excon, even for you! I have often agreed with you on other topics on this forum. I think that you give very good insight to peoples issues an often have good advice. But to come out and call someone racist because I don't agree with you on who to vote for as president?? I get the impression that when you are reading these posts that you are getting so mad on the other end and just typing feverishly trying to get your next bash in, take a deep breathe. Everything is going to be fine, you will be allowed to vote for Obama and no one is going to stop you. I will never try to change someone's mind, because I don't want someone trying to change mine. We are all entitled to read what we want and to believe what we want, everyone needs to respect that.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 07:24 AM
    NeedKarma
    Too long, didn't read.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 07:30 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

His name is not the only reason that I will not be voting for him.

For you:

• Oct 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
    excon
    Hello again, k:

Couple things. I'm an individual. I don't judge YOU on what some of your crank right wingers say. I judge you on what YOU say. So, please, don't talk to me, as though I'm a group, and I won't do that to you.

Next. I don't get mad. I don't take it personal. I get informed and argue from THAT perspective. You somehow, don't like that I'm informed. You've even derided me for it. You infer that because you're NOT informed, that nobody else is either. That's kind of the mantra of your fellow conservatives. You don't trust anybody with an education. Check out the red and blue map if you have any doubts about that. You call educated people "elite" as though that's a slur too. You DO represent the conservative cause well, however.

But, let me ask you this: What if Barack Obama had a pregnant daughter who wasn't married? What would you be saying about him then? What if Barack Obama had an affair and ditched his wife for a brand new trophy wife? What you be saying about him then? What if Michelle Obama got herself addicted to prescription drugs, and forged documents to get them? What would you be saying about her? What if Barack Obama, instead of serving on the Law Review at Harvard, graduated right near the bottom of his class? What would you be saying about him then? What if Michelle Obama, instead of graduating from Harvard with a law degree, didn't go to college, and wanted to be called the "First Mamma"? What would you say about her?

I know EXACTLY what you would say.

excon
  • Oct 15, 2008, 08:45 AM
    kanicky73

Excon, Let me first of all say that if I judged you as anything other than an individual I aplogize for that. That was not my intention. However, you just asked me not to judge you in that way and then turned around in your second paragraph and judged me that way. You assumed that my opinions are based off what you defined as me not being "informed". You do not know what my level of education is or just exactly how informed I may or may not be. Yes I agree that there are some things that have been said about both candidates that I don't like or agree with. But based on my beliefs I vote for who I think would be the best at running our country.
    To address your questions. First of all if Barrack Obama had a pregnant daughter that was not married. I would first of all completely understand what he would be going through. As a mother of a teenager myself I understand the reality of the fact that no matter how much love, discipline and structure we give our children there are some things that are out of my control. I have never and would never be one of those parents who sits there and says "my kid would never do that". I hope that my children wouldn't but that is a reality. The best that I can do is educate my children on right from wrong and arm them with the tools to make good choices.
    Secondly if Barrack Obama had an affair and ditched his wife for what you called a "trophy wife" I would first understand that there are always two sides to every story. Having been divorced myself I can tell you that to this day I still hear stories from mutual friends about how he perceived our divorce and then there is my story. We are all human, is cheating right? No absolutely not but we don't know all the circumstances surrounding their divorce, we are only hearing the points that make him look bad because that's good leverage on Barrack Obama's side to slash McCain and bring that up. Need I remind you of another Democrat President, Bill Clinton who cheated on his wife while in office... I imagine that you weren't thinking about that. Thirdly, if Michelle Obama got herself addicted to prescription drugs and forged documents to get them, that would be a horrible thing and I would feel terrible for her. I would hope that her husband would get her the proper treatment and that she would be charged appropriately, because I am not voting for Mrs McCain, I am voting for her husband. And last but not least, if Barrack Obama graduated at the bottom of his class in law school, I guess I would chalk it up that maybe a law degree is not his cup of tea. And it seems as though it wasn't because he is not some high end lawyer right now is he? He chose politics instead and ran for senate and now president. So a law degree is irrelevant to me for either president. We are not voting on the next lawyer for the US we are voting on the next president. As far as Mrs McCain choosing to not go to college and saying she wanted to be called the First Mamma. She has the right to choose whether she wants to go to college or not .And again I am not voting for her, I am voting for her husband. I am really not sure why you are so focused on the spouses of the candidates. Each candidate is their own person and their spouses are not the ones being elected.
    I would like to add that its unfortunate that you can't hear the tone in my voice when reading my posts because I have not once gotten mad or upset. I am a realist and know that opinions are simply heard. I am not looking to change anyone's mind. It is simply interesting to hear everyone's views and opinions without taking jabs at them for it.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 02:05 PM
    BABRAM
    Quote:

Babram_ I have to be honest hear and say that you are acting like a true liberal if I ever saw one!! Why is it that us conservatives can have nice political conversations and share our views and opinions and you liberals argue to the point of resorting to name calling?? You can cut and paste as many excerpts and articals that you want to, you are not going to change our minds on who we are going to vote for. We on the other hand are simply telling you the reasons that we are not going to vote for Hussein , sorry Barrack Obama. There isnt a darn thing you can say to change our minds. We are not trying to change your mind but you quite frankly are trying so hard to change ours that when you see its not working or someone proves your point wrong, you start name calling. Such a liberal!!!!

Blah blah blah... "such a liberal." For the record, Excon, myself, and some others are not here to change your mind on the candidate of your choice. To the contrary, I use the opportunity in discussion boards, such as this one, as an example for others that may decide to choose differently than yourself. You're correct in that I can be very liberal. However what you don't know is that it depends on the issue. FYI I'm registered as an Independent that is voting for the Democrat this election. I have supported Republicans when I thought it was deemed beneficial for the progress of our country. Obviously that hasn't happened in a long time. Nonetheless, in this particular post I was admonishing a few arguments that are prejudice, but mostly ignorant.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
    kanicky73

BabramI appreciate your honesty and opinion. Most people are not comfortable enough to say what you just did, I am grateful you were.