Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Pregnant roll call (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=104500)

• Aug 30, 2007, 12:02 PM
    crystalbivens
    I'm in the same boat my youngest will turn two Sept 17 then we'll have another one a few months later.
    I wonder how I am going to do it, I'm already sleep deprived.
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:38 PM
    curlybenswife
    LOL yeah but crystal you already have two don't you so you must have a little more knowledge than us??
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:39 PM
    alkalineangel
    Yea, I'm used to only one... a very independent one at that.
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:49 PM
    curlybenswife
    Yeah I hear you Al millie is certainly of her own mind lol
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
    crystalbivens
    Yeah but the oldest is 6 and goes to school, and a lot more laid back and less demanding then his sister.
    She owns everyone in this house and when this baby comes I'm not to sure how well it will sit with her.
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
    curlybenswife
    Ooooooooo strong minded to the extreme then don't envy you that one at all the only problem ill have with millie will be sharing her daddy lol she goes crackers if he even hugs me lol
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:58 PM
    crystalbivens
    That's how Chloe is, she thinks she owns me which I guess she pretty much does but she has some major changes coming.
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I write this as she comes to me covered in marker.

OMG can I really handle this...
  • Aug 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
    curlybenswife
    LOL get the sun cream out it removes it a treat ;) you can cope of course you can we all can its just our hormones at the moment saying aaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:04 PM
    crystalbivens
    LOL
    Lets hope its just the hormones...
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:06 PM
    curlybenswife
    Giggle well hell if it isn't every women in the world is screwed lol
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
    crystalbivens
    Lol...
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
    curlybenswife
    Well its true lol hell we would be in a very misserable world if it weren't can you imagine what it would be like with millions of over hormonal women and cowering men lol
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
    crystalbivens
    LOL That's true and a scary thought.
  • Aug 30, 2007, 01:29 PM
    curlybenswife
    Isn't it just blimey but hell there wouldn't be any war the women would scare the morons too much lol
  • Aug 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
    alkalineangel
    Congratulations! Welcome to our little hormonal b!tchy club :D
  • Aug 31, 2007, 01:49 AM
    tamed
    Congratulations leesh!
    CBW, Al and Crystal, you guys are really starting to scare me. If you guys have at least one kid already and still worry about how you will adjust with the new baby, how should I feel? These two are my first and I have no idea what's in store for me. The further along I go, the more I realise that I haven't got a clue. Everyone around me is giving me a list of things I should have done but I don't even know where to begin! The only thing I've bought so far is a buggy and that's because there was a sale on at the time. I'm constantly bombarded with people telling me how much worse things will be with twins. My hubby (bless him) is a trooper but I think reality is getting to him too even if he won't admit it. Well enough of my rant, how's everyone else?
  • Aug 31, 2007, 02:07 AM
    curlybenswife
    Tamed you will be fine two at once won't be an awfull lot different to one just another mouth to feed and another bum and at least you won't get full on tantrums and screaming because you aren't giving the other attention our little ones can talk and tell us there disapproval only to well that's where our problem lays.
    But having twins will be a breeze for you because you know no different have you asked your midwife if there is anyone local you can talk to that has twins??
  • Aug 31, 2007, 02:28 AM
    tamed
    I have a couple of friends with twins and they seemed to have coped fine, although I think they were more clued up than I am. They say the same thing that you've just said, I guess I just didn't think that we would have so little time to prepare the house and now I'm so tired, I can barely walk and feel very useless.
    About your little ones, I can understand your concerns. I've seen too many times parents over compensating that the older one continues to get all the attention and the new baby just gets the basics. But I'm sure you guys would balance it out and won't get bullied by either one.
  • Aug 31, 2007, 02:49 AM
    curlybenswife
    I'm quite a hard cow bag my mother in law says I'm harsh but then I don't want millie to be a brat like her cousin georgie as that is one vile little cow.
    No mother knows what to do hunn we learn as we go I'm sure you actually have more knowledge than you realise don't let it bother you it does come very naturally.
    As for having lots to do well hey that's what internet shopings for and make that hubby and the family do stuff that's what they are there for ;)
  • Aug 31, 2007, 05:27 AM
    alkalineangel
    Lol... yes, we are all nervous. I come from a whole family of kids, and I was still scared out of my mind when I was pregnant with Connor. You will do just fine. We have these wonderful instincts that just kick in when time comes.