Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Am I too young? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=65089)

• Feb 21, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Nikkisynk
    Am I too young?
    Hi. I'm married and I'm 21 years old. But I'm ready to start a family. My career is set. And we make enough money to support childern. It's just I'm so stressed out when we try. And we don't succeed. I feel really depressed and don't know what to do.
  • Feb 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
    crystalbivens
    Relax and try to get it off your mind if you can, stress can actually make you not conceive, just try not worring about it for a month or so and just have fun, then see what happens. You just may end up pregnant. Good luck
  • Feb 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Crystalbivens is right. The more stress you put on yourself and the less you enjoy lovemaking. Less chanches of you conceiving. May I ask as well, how long have you been trying for. For some couples it could take up to a full year of trying or longer to conceive. Patience is key here. Stress free is key here. Also think of it as if it happens now it does, if it does not then I will be blessed even more later on. (;

Joe
  • Feb 21, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Nikkisynk
    Well we've been trying off and on for about three years. We haven't consistent with it because as I fore stated in becomes very frustrating. So know I'm a the point where I'm just stuck and humiliated because I'm not pregnant yet.
  • Feb 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Suicidal Addiction
    Mayeb u should take a day off and just chill u can't pressure things like that it just makes things harder
  • Feb 22, 2007, 07:18 AM
    buggage
    If you haven't gone to the ob/gyn yet, this would probably be a good idea. Getting a full check up/exam it will help you know that everything is healthy, or what you might need to work on. I might be that you need a slight jumpstart with clomid, or another form of fertility help. Its not uncommon and definitely not something to be ashamed of. Maybe your hubby should get a check up too, to make sure that everything is OK on his end as well. Maybe it is just that the stress and the timing have all been wrong. One thing that has been suggested over and over here is to relax. This is because stress can play a very detrimental role in trying to conceive. Not only can it make it harder for you to conceive, but it can also cause a rift in your marriage, the friendship and closeness you share with hubby. I would get the exams, make sure you are both physically ready to conceive, take the suggestions your doctors may offer, and then I would take a vacation. Just take time to yourselves, without thinking about trying for a baby, without thinking about anything but each other. It may be just what the two of you need. Good luck and best wishes.
  • Mar 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Lil_angel6600
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikkisynk
    Hi. I'm married and I'm 21 years old. but I'm ready to start a family. my career is set. and we make enough money to support childern. it's just i'm so stressed out when we try. and we don't succeed. i feel really depressed and don't know what to do.

Just relax and don't try. If you have fun and not worry about getting pregnant then that's when it will happen.
  • Mar 24, 2008, 06:19 AM
    x love x
    Hiya I'm I've been trying so long for a baby an now I'm so scared because I just can't get pregnant I don't know what to do I've done so many tests hoping I I'm and I just seem to be getting no were
  • Mar 24, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Leedee
    Try not to focus on it too much, if you just relax and enjoy it you will have more luck trying.