Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Who fathered my baby! Stressed! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=770041)

• Oct 5, 2013, 09:46 AM
    PrettyMum1013
    Who fathered my baby! Stressed!
    LMP was 03/07 an I had one sexual partner in the month of March. I had sex April 6 with another guy. My first ultrasound was 05/01 an I was 7w3d. (I took a positive test on April 13) I am stressed.
  • Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM
    ScottGem
    The April 6 sex is unlikely to have resulted in the pregnancy, but its not impossible. Calculating conception is an inexact science. The only way to tell for sure is with a DNA test after the child is born.

Sorry to not relieve your stress, but that's the reality.
  • Oct 5, 2013, 05:47 PM
    PrettyMum1013
    [QUOTE=ScottGem;3563758]The April 6 sex is unlikely to have resulted in the pregnancy, but its not impossible. Calculating conception is an inexact science. The only way to tell for sure is with a DNA test after the child is born.

Sorry to not relieve your stress, but that's the reality
    Counting back from my ultrasound I was 4 weeks pregnant at 04/06, an he used a condom
  • Oct 5, 2013, 05:48 PM
    Alty
    [QUOTE=PrettyMum1013;3563984]
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The April 6 sex is unlikely to have resulted in the pregnancy, but its not impossible. Calculating conception is an inexact science. The only way to tell for sure is with a DNA test after the child is born.

Sorry to not relieve your stress, but that's the reality
    Counting back from my ultrasound I was 4 weeks pregnant at 04/06, an he used a condom

Condoms are the least reliable form of birth control on the market. I know people, on this site, that used a condom, the pill, and an extra form of birth control, and still got pregnant. Some more than once.

So that's really not a good indicator that he's not the father.

A DNA test really is the only answer to your question.
  • Oct 5, 2013, 06:18 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Ultrasounds this early are guesses, and even latter, will still be off up to 2 weeks very easy.

Condoms have a 3 to 18 percent failure rate and are one of the least reliable methods of birth control. (pull out is the worst)

Because of the positive test it is most likely the man in March, because it would be rare to test positive that early. But it is possible, (but not likely)

There is really no way to be 100 percent sure, until the child is born and a DNA test is done.

Again, I would say 95 or so percent chance of March man, but not 100 percent chance
  • Oct 5, 2013, 06:37 PM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyMum1013 View Post

Like I said, its unlikely but not impossible.