Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   A very faint line, am I or not? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=167534)

• Jan 1, 2008, 12:49 AM
    sankan
    A very faint line, am I or not?
    I, by now have done a few pregnancy tests a few 10miu and 2 25miu I am due on 1.1.08.
    The first few a very faint line after the recommended 5 minutes but before the don't read at 10min. When I switched to the 25miu (from shop instead of internet) their was a line within the 3/4 min slot (recommended) but very faint, I woke my husband this morning, he said he couldn't see anything but when I made him wake up and pointed out " see its there can't you see!" he agreed (after opening his eyes properly) there was a very faint line this is on 1.1.08 can anyone shed a light! I'm obviously a desperate idiot!:

Thanks for any help
  • Jan 1, 2008, 04:20 AM
    simoneaugie
    sankan, you will have to wait. Wait for a week, a whole week and then test again, with your first morning urine. Find something else to occupy your mind. Don't be waking up your husband about the test. If you are pregnant, and the test is supposed to show two lines, he will see it.
  • Jan 1, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Starrviolet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sankan
    i, by now have done a few pregnancy tests a few 10miu and 2 25miu iam due on 1.1.08.
    the first few a very faint line after the recommended 5 mins but before the dont read at 10min. when i switched to the 25miu (from shop instead of internet) their was a line within the 3/4 min slot (recommended) but very faint, i woke my husband this morning, he said he couldnt see anything but when i made him wake up and pointed out " see its there can't you see!" he agreed (after opening his eyes properly) there was a very faint line this is on 1.1.08 can anyone shed a light! im obviously a desperate idiot!:

thanks for any help

A line is still a line.. If there's a line in the test line area then that means it is detecting Hcg in your urine, which means you are pregnant! Go to your OBgyn and get a blood test to confirm.. and also check out this site, it has a lot of different helpful info about different brands about pregnancy tests go to: PeeOnAStick.com
  • Jan 2, 2008, 10:14 AM
    sankan
    Thank you for yoyur helpive been to the dr sent a sample away got very impatient at the idea of waiting 2 days and bought a pack of 2 digital tests the wording is great to actually see no is the line really there! And yes I am thanks again jo. X
  • Jan 2, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Starrviolet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sankan
    thankyou for yoyur helpive been to the dr sent a sample away got very impatient at the idea of waiting 2 days and bought a pack of 2 digital tests the wording is great to actually see no is the line really there! and yes i am thanks again jo. x

So you are pregnant? Well congrats if you are!
  • Jan 3, 2008, 01:13 AM
    sankan
    Yes well the digital one said I am! Didn't believe the others really the line was so faint you can't not believe it when you told in black and white though can you! I did loads of ovulation tests though last month and they all said that I wasn't ovulating so I don't know why I decied to do tests in the first place I guess I knew really all along keep going back to check the test though the results last on the window for 24 hours it said so you can ! Best thing I ever bought! Sad isn't it? Anyway thanks