Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtbluebunny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Plumbers are unable to find blockage in my line and yet I have back up in basement
    I have had 3 different plumbers to my home to find out why the water is backing up into my basement shower and some say the lines are clear, one says I have a collapsed line although they can run the auger 200 ft. and the city says their ends are clear. I don't know where to go now. Please help me. I am running out of money and hair!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Are the plumbers finding anything in the cutters of the snake, like tree roots? Do you know what type of pipe is run to the street? Could you have orangeburg pipe to sewer?
    mtbluebunny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:40 PM
    No, they have have found nothing in the line and no, I do not know what type of line I have. Maybe that is what I should find out next? Part of my problem is that I am a widow and I do not know who to get help from. Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
    MTBLUE BUNNY.. I am not a huge fan of this recommendation... but it may be time to bring in the big guns and have a sewer/drain company send a camera down the drain line and really see what is going on.

They usually hook this camera up to a VHS/DVD recorder so you can have a copy of what they find.

That should do it for you... cool too because you can watch it as they do the work... camera has a light on it and can really see inside the pipe.

It is not cheap... about $400.00 ish in my area... but it will show exactly what is going on.. AND THAT WILL SAVE MONEY IN THE END!

Let us know what you decide. If my answer helped please RATE THIS ANSWER by clicking on rate this answer button at upper right OR at bottom of this post. Thank you.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 03:19 PM
    How old is you home. Talk to neighbors. If orangeburg pipe was used in your neighborhood some may know. Some may have had to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find the sewer line. [ 7 Answers ]

I need to move a full bath in my basement. However, the sewer line can take one of two routes to one of two streets both having sewer mains. I have no telltale outside vents or cleanouts that I have been able to locate. What's the best way, before I start destroying concrete, to locate the...

Sewer blockage in basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My house was built around 1926. There are drains in the basement floor and what I believe is an inside cleanout in one room. This weekend I discovered some water near the basement toilet, which I at first thought was from a son overflowing it and not saying anything. But, it happened again...

Toilet back up/sewer blockage? [ 1 Answers ]

Upon retiring we moved a new home in NC with septic system in 1993. One of the upstairs toilets backed up occasionally, always when we had visitors! (Appx 12 times total.)Later the downstairs toilet adopted the same pattern. The other upstairs toilet has now started to follow the pattern.( Remember...

Dark crease line in the back of neck line [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew, now an adult has a dark crease line in the back of his neck. It really bothers me because it looks like he has a necklace on from behind but I doesn't. It almost looks like a tan right in the crease of the backof his neck which I believe got there when started to gain weight. Maybe it is...

Basement Drain line obstructed [ 1 Answers ]

My basement drain runs extremely slow. It fills with water every time you run the washer. In the plans it refers to the drain as a soil pipe . Only the washer is connected to this drain. Ive rented a sewer auger and tried to clear it with no luck. Even a professional couldn't clear it using an...

View more questions Search