Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    han-d-man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Basement Drain line obstructed
    My basement drain runs extremely slow. It fills with water every time you run the washer. In the plans it refers to the drain as a soil pipe . Only the washer is connected to this drain.
    Ive rented a sewer auger and tried to clear it with no luck. Even a professional couldn't clear it using an auger. You feed the auger in easy as pie until you reach a certain impassable point. I know where the outlet of this drain is and I looked in and it is clear as far as you can see until the pipe bends toward the basement. I fed a tape measure starting at the outlet up the pipe to the obstruction. The obstruction is 16' from the outlet. I am woried that the pipe has collapsed or that roots have infiltrated the pipe separated the joint and offset the pipe. What do you think? And if I am correct in my assumption; what methods can be used to correct this problem and about how much would they cost?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Where did you go in at when you augured out the drain? We snake a washer drain line from the roof vent. Is this where you augured from? Did the snake bring back anything on the tip? Dirt? Roots? Let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oatey in line vent for sewage pump in the basement [ 14 Answers ]

I am in th process of adding a basement bathroom in my house.I have hired a lic plumber. The plumber is running vent line to the sink the toilet and the shower (Lets call it vent line 1).He than connects this vent line 1 to the vent line coming out of the sewage ejector pump (Vent line 2).He...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Washer drain line [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine drain line has been overflowing a lot lately. I try liquid fire and running a water hose down it to unclog it. I've even ran a snake down it and got dirt and a little rust on it. What does this means? What's a good way to unclog it.

Basement drain hole.can I drain washing machine with this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all.. im new here.ive owned my home for about 5 years and I'm still learing... my current dilemna is that I want move my wsher and dryer to the basement.I think I know how to handle the hot and cold water plumbing but I don't know what to do about the drain... now my basement has a drain hole in...

Washing machine drain line [ 2 Answers ]

Bought a new place, rather small which has no current space for laundry. We are planning on adding addition which will be usable in 12 months but in meantime want on site laundry. There is utility building 30 feet from house which I have already wired and want to put washer/dryer in that. Existing...

View more questions Search