Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Personal Growth (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Tomboy or Girly Girl (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=31255)

• Aug 9, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Captain_Brown
    Tomboy or Girly Girl
    I need help on deciding whether I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

My interests and hobbies are:
    Serve and Protect my friends and family, first aid, Math, Science, homework, school, study, Soccer, Football, collecting hardware, and helping others.

I wear basketball shorts, athletic pants, jeans, cargo pants, t-shirt, and tennis shoes every day. I have a short hair-cut. I hate wearing pink and purple. I hate dressing up.

Am I a tomboy or not?
  • Aug 9, 2006, 07:55 AM
    RickJ
    Don't try to put a label like that on yourself. Be yourself and let the only label you get be Nice Person, Good Person, etc.

... just my angle on it.
  • Aug 9, 2006, 01:50 PM
    CaptainForest
    I agree with Rick.

Who cares what you are.

Let other people see you as a nice and kind person. One who protects your friends, is nice to people, and that is all that matters.
  • Aug 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
    phillysteakandcheese
    Agreed.

Enough labels will be applied to you by others, I see no need to try and pre-manage that by giving yourself labels.
  • Aug 9, 2006, 04:42 PM
    valinors_sorrow
    Today's tomboy could be tomorrow's girly girl. For now you are curious and exploring and that's really good, Cap't Brown.

Welcome to AMHD too!
  • Aug 9, 2006, 06:16 PM
    s_cianci
    "Tomboy" is merely a label, although without as much of a negative connotation as "sissy." I believe that people should be themselves ; however, I also believe that men should be men and women should be women. If you or others feel concerned that you are maybe a bit too "masculine" then you should address the issues that seem to be driving you to that. Are you the only girl from a family of several brothers? Is your mother or father overbearing and constantly reminding you that they wanted a boy but got you instead? These are common issues that tend to lead to "tomboyish" behavior in girls.
  • Aug 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
    talaniman
    I agree with every one else just be yourself. That's the main thing
  • Aug 18, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Captain_Brown
    Thank You all for your help. I didn't mean to label myself. I wanted to see what I acted more like.
  • Aug 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Here_To_Help- Jon
    You likes and dislike don't tell me that you are a tomboy nor a girly girl. I agree with the others about being you and not labeling. You are unique. Period. I like your interests and hobbies - you mention twice about helping/serving others - nice trait... keep it :)
  • Dec 9, 2006, 07:40 PM
    asd_ali
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Brown
    I need help on deciding whether or not I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

Serve and Protect my friends and family, first aid, Math, Science, homework, school, study, Soccer, Football, collecting hardware, and helping others.

I wear basketball shorts, athletic pants, jeans, cargo pants, t-shirt, and tennis shoes every day. I have a short hair-cut. I hate wearing pink and purple. I hate dressing up.

Am I a tomboy or not?

Hi I think you are in between!
  • Dec 23, 2006, 08:27 AM
    akms
    I am a tomboy I don't want to label myself but I would prefer to be called a boy
    I like girls I wear jeans and t shirt personnaly the labels arnt the problem though people have hated me for being lesbian who cares their problem right what I find hard this may sound weird is when they don't let you in the girls bathroom so be yourself but I'm not going to change even if people kill me because I'm a lesbian at least ill send hopefully a strong message
    But if people label you try not to become the label
  • Dec 23, 2006, 08:27 AM
    akms
    Oh and like means have crushes
  • Dec 28, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Captain_Brown
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akms
    i am a tomboy i dont want to label myself but i would prefer to be called a boy
    i like girls i wear jeans and t shirt personnaly the labels arnt the problem though people have hated me for being lesbian who cares their problem right what i find hard this may sound weird is when they dont let you in the girls bathroom so be yourself but im not gonna change even if people kill me because im a lesbian at least ill send hopefully a strong mesage
    but if people label you try not to become the label

That's a good idea. You have a point there.
  • Feb 18, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Jesus_girl
    Quote:

I need help on deciding whether or not I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

Am I a tomboy or not?

I would have to think you are a tomboy!!

Can you answer my questions??

I walk around in jeans and white tees. What am I??
  • May 2, 2007, 04:12 PM
    MidnightGuardian
    Quote:

Am I a tomboy or not?

Well, I'm kind of like you, and I'm a tomboy, but labeling can be bad...
  • May 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
    gypsy456
    Quote:

Am I a tomboy or not?

It does not matter whether your hair is short or long.. whether you hate pink or purple or like it... it's fine.

It's about you.
    You are a unique person and you are who you are.
    People should love you for who you are, be friends with you for who you are.

Never label yourself.
    Stay true to yourself.

Obviously you are not a shallow person and that in itself is a great thing.

Relax, be who you are.

It's all fine.
  • Jun 17, 2007, 01:36 PM
    rockstar567
    Quote:

Am I a tomboy or not?

Hearing about what your hobbies & what you wear you sound like a tomboy.. but in middle school it could change
  • Mar 16, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Snowbie

I would say tomboy but try to be yourself..
  • Apr 14, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Animatea

Label is a NO NO.
    I go by people personality :)
  • Apr 14, 2009, 05:17 AM
    JudyKayTee

Again, very old post - reopened.