Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Health & Wellness (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Rib out of place (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=329489)

• Jul 13, 2010, 08:57 PM
    mianardozzi
    I have displaced ribs also. Many doctors told me it was because my floater ribs were lodge where my rib cage ends. I fell down the stairs and had many things displaced. If you stand up straight and life one leg to where your thigh and stomach are a90 degree angle and you feel you spine slightly shift, it's a displace rib. If you feel a cracking and cannot breath while doing this, you have a cracked rib cage. Ask to have an x-ray taken and try not to stretch your arms backwards in any ways to keep from causing more damage.

I really hope this helps.

I feel your pain (literally)

Good Luck
  • Aug 3, 2010, 10:50 PM
    ladyfunkytown
    It happens to me a lot. I just lie on the ground and have the closest person push it back in then it gets better in a day or so. Sometimes it feels better right a way. I have a friend or boyfriend lie their hand on my rib that is out hand facing 12 o'clock then I take a deep breath and blow out as my breath is almost completely gone they turn their hand to 1 o'clock and semi gently push on it like doing a cpr press to the chest and the rib will pop back in. Just a warning it can hurt to have it put back in. However I can't afford chiro apmnts ev. Time a rib pops out. That is why I mastered how to fix it.
    Yes it can hurt in the chest or from the back over the rib that is out. Also if a person lies their hand on your rib cage while you lie flat on the ground they can feel the dislocated rib bulging upward, higher than the rest.

It is not a big deal but it hurts a lot! It continues to hurt after for a while because the muscles around the rib called intercostalus muscles spasm. It feels good to have them massaged, heat is also nice and alive works great too.
  • Sep 23, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Lynnezhu
    Just came from my chiropractor and told rib out of place. Have had heart attack symptoms plus tachycardia for 5 weeks (up to 171 beats a minute) chiro says rib out of place will do that. Get a chiro to put it back in place--not all can. And MDs ignore this all the time.. though 5 MDs said the heart was not the cause of my issues but the result of something (so they were honest there) . Rib went out after mild exercise (swimming), but I have been near death for weeks with the heart stuff!! Go to chiropractor right after the ER. Might take a few adjustments to get them in. I kept descrivbing the pulling pain and hurt the size of a dime and MDs all went blank on that. Chiro knew immediately. Said he had had it and he went to the ER just for reassurance, as the symptoms so resembled heart attack. So ER first (they can do blood work to determine if heart attack) then a chiropractor for ribs. Especially if it is the one right above the heart, as mine was.

As to the lung nodules, I have those also. Just a fungus we grew up with in the midwest. Do a CT scan in a year to see if they have changed. They cause no pain. Ribs do.