Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Networking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   \computername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=79044)

• Apr 4, 2007, 05:54 AM
    SheridanPress
    1 Attachment(s)
    \\computername\ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource
    We receive the attached error message when trying to connect to this one specific laptop. We cannot figure out why. We ruled out viruses. This computer is properly joined to the domain, and the account trying to connect to it has proper permissions to this resource.

Any Ideas?
  • Apr 4, 2007, 07:09 AM
    yodatech
    ? Is file and printer sharing turned on in the network properties on the target computer?
    Does it have the netlogin service running?
    Is a local account present on the system you are trying to login/connect to?
  • Apr 4, 2007, 07:13 AM
    SheridanPress
    Yes, The firewall is turned off (File and Print Sharing Exception is Checked still) on the laptop, and the Net Logon Service is running.

The local administrator account is the only local USER account on the Laptop. There are other groups added to the local admin group on the laptop though.

SheridanPress
  • Apr 4, 2007, 08:18 AM
    yodatech
    Check the log on the computer and verify that there no warning or error messages associated with the domain.
    Yodatech
    (James Yearnd)
    Phone support available for a fee
  • Apr 26, 2007, 12:09 AM
    girindas-2007
    Secure internet site is not opening from clients,but from server it is opening
  • May 9, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Tushars
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SheridanPress
    We receive the attached error message when trying to connect to this one specific laptop. We cannot figure out why. We ruled out viruses. This computer is properly joined to the domain, and the account trying to connect to it has proper permissions to this resource.

Any Ideas?

Keep password for user on laptop.And then try it should work.
  • May 10, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Tushars
    Quote:

Any Ideas?

Either keep password for both computers OR don't keep password on both computers.
  • May 18, 2007, 02:11 PM
    nowatkins
    Quote:

Any Ideas?

Google the term "tcp/ip stack corrupted" and follow the instructions
  • May 29, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Ramish
    Hi,

I agree with the answers before me, but I want you to try the following steps as well

1. make sure that the drives (c:/ or d:/) are shared for administrative purposes
    2. Open your (My Computer) and then click on Tools > Folder options > View> and the last option you will find will be (Use Simple File Sharing) checked, you have to uncheck this option first
    3. right click on the drives you are trying to access them from another computer (d:/ etc) and go to Security tab and see if everyone user name is added there or if you have a Security group or username from the domain, that is also fine.
    4. If you unchecked the option 2, then you will be able to see the Sharing Tab for the drives, and check if the permission is not restricted or limited through selecting the Sharing Tab where D: drive will be shared as D$.
    And the permissions you can see below d$

Let me know if it didn't work
    Ramish
  • Jun 5, 2007, 01:27 PM
    daljaxon
    :)
    I had a same or similar problem that would only happen to recent folders I created.
    I compared the difference in the properties of two folders on the PC I was trying to access these folders, one that I could access and one I could not access and found a difference.

In the properties and on the "Security" tab, there was an entry in the "Group or User Names" window named "Everyone" in the folder that I was able to access which was not in the folder properties that I not able to access.

I added the entry to the window and then I was able to access this as well.
    I then tried to see if this would accept my work group name for network access permissions, this did not work.
    I then tried just the name "Network", and found this worked as well.

Maybe someone who will read this can point us to the right direction to learn how to configure these properties properly.

Hope this helps you, it did me.

daljaxon
  • Apr 6, 2011, 01:25 AM
    alex01
    How about having no domain?