Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Animated kids movie, late 70s or early 80s, underwater (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=87295)

• Apr 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
    TekServer
    Animated kids movie, late 70s or early 80s, underwater
    Yet another vaguely remembered movie!

I remember watching this movie when I was very young, and I'm fairly certain of the dates in the title. I don't really remember much about plot, characters, etc. except that what little I do remember all took place underwater. I think the main character was a little boy.

The one thing I remember clearly is a snippet of a song. The lyrics I remember (and I'm sure the spelling's off, as Google searching got me nothing) are as follows:

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi cockle loren; hey, hey, hey we're on our way!"

This song has gotten stuck in my head a couple of times a year for several years now. I know this isn't much to go on, but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I just finished spending several hours searching imdb.com's entire list of animated movies (some 26000+ titles) hoping one of the titles would jog my memory. Needless to say, I was disappointed after finishing the "Z" section.

Thanks in advance!
  • Apr 29, 2007, 10:17 AM
    bridger79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TekServer
    Yet another vaguely remembered movie!

I remember watching this movie when I was very young, and I'm fairly certain of the dates in the title. I don't really remember much about plot, characters, etc. except that what little I do remember all took place underwater. I think the main character was a little boy.

The one thing I remember clearly is a snippet of a song. The lyrics I remember (and I'm sure the spelling's off, as google searching got me nothing) are as follows:

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi cockle loren; hey, hey, hey we're on our way!"

This song has gotten stuck in my head a couple of times a year for several years now. I know this isn't much to go on, but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I just finished spending several hours searching imdb.com's entire list of animated movies (some 26000+ titles) hoping one of the titles would jog my memory. Needless to say, I was disappointed after finishing the "Z" section.

Thanks in advance!

It's called water babies. I used to watch it when I was a kid too. It's starts as a normal film and turns into animation when the kid falls into the water.
  • Apr 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
    TekServer
    Thanks!

I had seen another question here about Waterbabies, and it sounded a little familiar, but I wasn't sure. Then I was thrown off, because I went to imdb.com and looked up Waterbabies, and the poster didn't look familiar at all.
    Now I'm sure you're right. I checked some other sources (that will remain anonymous) where one could obtain this movie, and confirmed based on user comments that this is definitely the one!

Thanks again!