Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Lump in vagina (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=38735)

• Oct 24, 2006, 06:32 AM
    rjr2
    Lump in vagina
    Hey, wonder if anyone can help me. My boyfriend has said recently that during intercourse if I'm lying flat on my back he can feel a lump up and to the left side, It isn't painful, sometimes I can feel it rubbing but I'm still a bit worried. He said sometimes he can't find it at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated :p
  • Oct 24, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Krs
    Have u considered going to visit your gynea?
  • Oct 24, 2006, 06:36 AM
    rjr2
    Never been to one, I'm 20 think u go for a smear at 21 don't you? Was just wondering if its normal or not, don't want to go to gp to be told its nothing :(
  • Oct 24, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Krs
    Firstly - better safe than sorry.

If I'm not mistaken you go for a smear test once you are sexually active, I don't believe there's a set age that defines when you should go.
  • Oct 24, 2006, 06:49 AM
    rjr2
    I'm in uk hehe, yeah they send a letter for you when you reach a certain age, used to be 18 but they upped it I think, thanxs a lot going to ring my gp, don't think I have a gynea:confused:
  • Oct 24, 2006, 06:55 AM
    SINGLE4
    Hi rjr2!

I have had a problems with finding lumps also! Every time I get one, I go to the doctor! I have had several abnormal paps and the doctor tells me that it is better that I come in and get it checked out rather than wait and possibly being a bigger problems then what thought! All of mine so far have been cysts.

Also, I had my first pap smear at age 18. If you are sexually active then you definitely need to get a pap smear! SERIOUSLY!

Good Luck!
  • Oct 24, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Krs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rjr2
    im in uk hehe, yeah they send a letter for you when you reach a certain age, used to be 18 but they upped it i think, thanxs alot gunna ring my gp, dont think i have a gynea:confused:

I lived in UK for 6 years. That's where I had the joys of experiencing my first smear.
    I went through the NHS and all the nurses are so supportive and helpful
  • Oct 24, 2006, 07:09 AM
    rjr2
    just phoned me mam hehe, she said I should have had a smear done so booking an appointment hehe =) she said it sounds like a cyst, (might be spelt wrong) but soon find out, thanxs again for all your help will post when I find out what it definatley is
  • Oct 24, 2006, 07:16 AM
    Krs
    You're welcome :)
  • Oct 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
    J_9
    Yes, good for you for making that appointment. Everyone was correct here about when to get the smear done. It used to be 18, that was before women became sexually active at such young ages. Now you should have your yearly exam done once a year as soon as you become sexually active. The reason for this change is that girls are having sex younger and younger. The PAP smear not only detects certain cancers, but also the PAP and the physical detect sexually transmitted diseases.

Many STDs have no symptoms for women. If you are quite sexually active and do not see a doctor yearly, then these STDs can cause infertility, or worse sometimes.