Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Languages (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Does anyone speak Tagalog? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=13341)

• Oct 4, 2005, 11:14 AM
    SSchultz0956
    Does anyone speak TAGALOG!
    I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.
  • Oct 5, 2005, 11:02 AM
    RickJ
    There's quite a few Tagalog communities on the net:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...ty&btnG=Search
  • Jan 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
    happybisaya
    From Cebu but can speak tagalog..
    Hi, I am new to this site, I am from the island of Cebu but I can speak a little tagalog. By the way my name is Maria, talk to you later.
  • Jan 5, 2006, 07:20 PM
    nymphetamine
    Boy I don't get out much. I have never heard of Tagalog. What language is it close to? Is it easy to learn? Where is Cebu? Never heard of that either.
  • Jan 6, 2006, 12:27 AM
    PrettyLady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    Boy I dont get out much. I have never heard of Tagalog. What language is it close to? Is it easy to learn? Where is Cebu? Never heard of that either.

Tagalog is one of the major languages of the Republic of the Philippines, but Tagalog is also spoken in other parts of the world. Cebu is an Island in the Philippines.;)
  • Jan 6, 2006, 05:42 AM
    colbtech
    Same here, never heard of it. However a websearch gives this:

Tagalog, spoken in: Philippines
    Region: Central & south Luzon
    Total speakers: First language: 22 million
    Second language: more than 65 million

World Ranking: 58
    Genetic classification: Austronesian
    Malayo-Polynesian
    Western
    Central Philippine
    Tagalog

Official language of: Philippines (as Filipino)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagalog
  • Jan 6, 2006, 06:06 AM
    nymphetamine
    Wow. People from the Philippines are so beautiful. Id love to learn that language. Im in the process of learning to speak Irish since I have most of my ancestors from Ireland. Id like to learn the Tsalagi language cause I am also part of that too from my mother and ancestors.
  • Jan 6, 2006, 06:29 AM
    happybisaya
    Philippines is composed of about 7100 islands though not all are inhabited because some are too small. Each island have their own dialect but everybody is taught (in school) to speak the national language which is Tagalog, which is the dialect of the people at the northern part of the Philippines. Our currency is called "Peso", the exchange rate right now is 53.00 Pesos to $1.00. I will be going back there to visit some time in May, anybody wants to go? :)
  • Jan 6, 2006, 06:34 AM
    nymphetamine
    Don't I wish. Bring us back pictures.
  • Jan 6, 2006, 06:52 AM
    happybisaya
    Will be glad to.
  • Jan 6, 2006, 11:45 AM
    SSchultz0956
    Kumusta si Maria,

Saan banda ka sa cebu. Meroon ako mga kakilala djan. Ang swerte ko talaga na may sumagot sa nakapost ko sa website na ito. Kaya lang, ngayon nagaaral ako. Baka bukas sasagot ako dito.

Ingat
  • Jan 6, 2006, 12:46 PM
    nwsflash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    wow. People from the Phillippines are so beautiful. Id love to learn that language. Im in the process of learning to speak Irish since I have most of my ancestors from Ireland. Id like to learn the Tsalagi language cause I am also part of that too from my mother and ancestors.

That is a hard one lol I can speak a little, its not even spoken that much in Ireland any more, all the young kids listen too American stuff LoL so they are killing there own speech off ! But if you go way, way away from the citys into small town place's they all speak it
  • Jan 7, 2006, 08:35 PM
    happybisaya
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SSchultz0956
    Kumusta si Maria,

Saan banda ka sa cebu. Meroon ako mga kakilala djan. Ang swerte ko talaga na may sumagot sa nakapost ko sa website na ito. Kaya lang, ngayon nagaaral ako. Baka bukas sasagot ako dito.

Ingat

Taga Naga Cebu ako. Nag-aaral din ako, sa gabi nga lang, may trabaho kasi ako sa araw. Bago ako dito sa website na ito, nagustuhan ko talaga dito.
    Ingat ka rin. (To my English speaking friends, I said: I am from Naga Cebu. I am going to school too, only at night, because I have a day job. I am new to this site, I really like it here. Take care of yourself too) :)
  • Mar 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
    mzorees20109

Ang lalayo nyo naman... ako naman taga olongapo Zambales, kelan pa kayo dito sa US??
  • Mar 29, 2009, 04:59 PM
    mzorees20109
    Ako nga pala si mae, san kau di2 sa US??
  • Apr 1, 2009, 02:50 PM
    ylaira

Di ako nagbebenta pero suggestion ko lang. Kung me kamag anak kayo sa Pilipinas o kayo me kamag anak sa US, bili lang kayo magicjack... Mabibili siya online. $30 lang. Basta me internet kang mabilis naku unlimited calling na siya sa US for 1 yr. Ung device pati magkakaroon ng US number kaya ung taga US pwede ka tawagan ng hindi international rate and charge,kaw mamimili ng area code. Winner talaga!