Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Email (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Outlook Links not Working (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=1842)

• Apr 13, 2003, 11:14 AM
    ggatiss
    Outlook Links not Working
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!

• Jul 3, 2003, 08:52 AM
    cyrus
    Are you using outlook or outlook express?
  • Jul 3, 2003, 05:28 PM
    ggatiss
    Outlook (not express)
  • Jul 7, 2003, 09:55 AM
    cyrus
    Ko go to tools - options - mail format and make sure html is selected.
  • Jul 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
    ggatiss
    HTML is (and was) selected
  • Jul 8, 2003, 11:03 AM
    cyrus
    Sometime this can also be caused by the installation and uninstall of another browser such as Netscape.
  • Aug 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
    jwc43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ggatiss
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!!

I found that if you downloaded a windows update # xp kb911567 this is your problem just go to start - settings - control panel - add/remove programs and remove that program you should be all set I found this fix at Microsoft support
  • Sep 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
    anagai
    If your able to click on a link then it is already set to view html. Make sure that you have a browser set as default. Whatever browser you have make sure one of them is set as default, otherwise when you click on a link in a outlook email it won't find a browser to open up into.
  • Dec 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
    FBarcenas II
    Comment on cyrus's post
    I try it and it works!
  • Mar 25, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Captain Arnold
    For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!
  • Jul 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
    lamom02
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    sometime this can also be caused by the installation and uninstall of another browser such as Netscape.  In Windows 9x / Me Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs, and make sure the "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" checkbox is checked. This setting can be done in the Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in tools, Internet Options

I have Vista and this worked for me! Thanks!!
  • Nov 4, 2009, 10:38 AM
    jmt0806

Hi, I have this same problem and nothing I have tried has worked. The links are clicked in Outlook (and Word) and nothing happens. No errors or anything.

IE 6 SP2 with Outlook 2007

Tried:

-Reinstalling IE 6
    -Reinstalling SP2
    -Reinstalling Office 2007
    -Setting IE as default
    -Running iexplore.exe /rereg
    -Running the various regsvr32 commands for IE
    -Unchecking DDE under URL:HTTP in Folder Options
    -Setting Firefox as default browser

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have a fix that works for this issue?

Thanks
  • Jun 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
    ML22_5_60
    I had this problem and cured it by adding the Opera browser setting it as the default application then opening and closing it, then opening IE8 and resetting it as the default application my Outlook 2010 links then worked as normal.
    I did then removed Opera from my laptop only to find the same disabled link issue returned so you must leave both on your computer, I cannot explain the reason why but it works, I hope this helps as I have suffered this aggravation for a while now, good luck.