Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Worrying about my excessively drinking daughter
    I have a 34 year old daughter who has had many losses in her young life, including her husband who was only 31. She just recently lost her grandmother from her dads side who he has not been in her life since she was 2. She drinks a lot and smokes and I worry about her when she doesn't respond to e-mails or calls. What can I do to help her and me?
    cwkallhoff Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2009, 07:46 PM
    You can get help with a family member who is drinking by attending al-anon meetings. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do for your daughter is to let her know how worried you are about her, how you can tell that her drinking is affecting her life, and offer to get her into a program. See if she will attend an AA meeting. Usually, though, unless the person with the drinking problem admits it for her self, nothing else will make much of a difference.

I do speak from personal experience...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 07:51 PM

You can not do anything really, until she reaches a point where she is at the bottom. So hard love is a call at time
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 11:38 PM

Hi, mom marie!

Does she live near to you? Also, if she has any brothers or sisters, are they also living somewhere nearby to her?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop my hair falling out excessively? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 16 years old, and I just recently discovered that my hair has been falling out a lot. I don't know what to do to help it because I brush my hair I get scared because so much comes out. I really don't want to go bald, but I don't know if I have an illness or is it because my hair is so...

Dog pooping excessively [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Shih Tzu who was completely house-trained. We have recently moved and are staying with both my husband's family and my family until we can get a place of our own. So far, we have been in this situation for about a month and a half. Our dog is pooping 6 - 8 times every day and...

Peeing excessively? [ 1 Answers ]

Aniie (1yr black lab) has been peeing excessively today. With in the last hour or so I've seen her go 3 times. Its not like she is marking her territory because she doesn't do that. ALso she was acting very strange at the dog park today, usually she won't come backwhen I call, but todayshe wouldn't...

Excessively itchy potentially nervous dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 15 month old golden retriever, our second. She has been much more hyper and stubborn than our last, so much of this is new to us. On top of it, we've had a rough year, so she has suffered attention-wise and training -wise and gets in trouble often. In the past five months...

I'm bleeding excessively! [ 7 Answers ]

I had my daughter 9 1/2 weeks ago... bleeding was normal... stopped at about 5 weeks post... then at 7 weeks post I got my period.. a normal period. A few days ago... two weeks after my period... I began bleeding again. Bright red blood and a lot of it... I figured it was my period and that my body...

View more questions Search