Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Williams925 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I'm bleeding excessively!
    I had my daughter 9 1/2 weeks ago... bleeding was normal... stopped at about 5 weeks post... then at 7 weeks post I got my period.. a normal period. A few days ago... two weeks after my period... I began bleeding again. Bright red blood and a lot of it... I figured it was my period and that my body is still getting back to normal so that's the reason why my periods were only 2 weeks apart. BUT- as each day passes it gets heavier and heavier... last night I went to sleep and woke up a few hours later to find that not only did my tampon leak, but my pad also leaked... and my pants were covered in blood around the crotch and butt part. So far today I have used 7 tampons.. (Each of them begin to leak about 30-45 minutes after inserted).. I'm also wearing a pad so I no longer ruin my clothes. OK- so what is going on?? Is this normal? Could I be hemorahing?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Are you soaking a pad in an hour or less?
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 15, 2007, 01:30 PM
    You need to go to the doctor ASAP!
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Hold on foxy, there are a few questions first before you panic the poor girl.
    Williams925 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 01:53 PM
    I haven't used only a pad... im using a tampon AND a pad as a back up... but in about 30 minutes I'm soaking a tampon and a good amount has leaked onto the pad. I had to start using the pads because I kept on getting it on my clothes.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 15, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I would call the doc, that's heavy bleeding is not normal.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 15, 2007, 02:24 PM
    If you are bleeding very heavily, go to the emergency room.
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams925
    i havent used only a pad....im using a tampon AND a pad as a back up... but in about 30 minutes im soaking a tampon and a good amount has leaked onto the pad. I had to start using the pads because i kept on getting it on my clothes.
    That is when it is imperative to seek immediate medical attention. I just needed to know how much and how often before I referred you to the hospital.

Now, I will agree that Foxy is right. Seek medical attention ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

For 3 months now I have been spotting on and off. Usually a pantiliner is all I need to use. The bleeding seems to be getting worse though (bleeding everyday now and heavier) with cramping and back pain everyday for the last week. I was seen by a doctor a month ago and all seems fine--no cyst,...

What was the bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

My period started on the 10th of October and lasted till the 17th . Usually the end of my period lasts a few days with a few spots on my underwear.I thought it is all gone because on the 18th I did not have anything left.on the 19th and the 20th I made sex with my boyfriend and I bled only on the...

Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hello sir I am narinder singh I want and help , when I do brush or eat something hard I bleed from my gums, Suggest me what should I do ? I am in UK from last two years and I am facing this problem , I have not taken any medicine for this so please tell me what do do. Thanks

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search