Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Member Discussions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487)
-   -   What is your favourite quote (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=118673)

• Aug 11, 2007, 04:46 PM
    nicespringgirl
    What is your favourite quote
    Dear members,

What are your favourite quotes? Interesting, inspiring, deep, powerful, anything that you really like.

Thank you.:)
  • Aug 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
    shygrneyzs
    Some meaningful quotes in my life:

"...and then the day comes when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

"That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way." Doris Lessing

"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted, counts." Albert Einstein
  • Aug 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
    nicespringgirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Some meaningful quotes in my life:

"...and then the day comes when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

"That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way." Doris Lessing

"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted, counts." Albert Einstein

Thank you for sharing with us.:) I like them a lot.
  • Aug 11, 2007, 05:22 PM
    shygrneyzs
    You are most welcome.
  • Aug 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
    rudi_in
    "The only difference between stepping stones and stumbling blocks is how you use them."

"Like a piano, success has many keys. One of those keys is perseverance in the belief that one day you will."

"There is no such thing as stupid questions but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots."

"Dude, that sucks!"
  • Aug 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
    GlindaofOz
    "Leap and the net will appear" - Zen saying

I live my life by this motto. Every time I leap the net is always there to catch me. Its pretty cool :)
  • Aug 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
    J_9
    "Less is more. Don't call attention to yourself, people will pay more attention to you." My mother in law.. I live by this law.
  • Aug 11, 2007, 08:06 PM
    worthbeads
    "Sit down and Shut-up!"
  • Aug 12, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Chery
    One of my favorites has always been:

"Don't get mad, get even"

I know it is not the nicest, but who says we always have to be nice...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_7.gif

Then there is:

"Give a hug to get a hug"

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_9.gif

They are both short and to the point.
  • Aug 12, 2007, 06:49 AM
    nicespringgirl
    Hi Chery,
    I admire your lovely images attached under each post. How do you do that please?:)
    NSG
  • Aug 12, 2007, 07:39 PM
    CaptainRich
    "Be kinder than neccesary. Everyone's enduring some kind of battle."
  • Aug 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRich

Oooh I LOVE that. What a great statement to carry in your mind everyday.
  • Aug 12, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Bondsman
    He can run anytme he wants. I'm giving him the resd light. (Yogi Berra)

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way. (Carl Sandburg)
  • Aug 13, 2007, 12:23 AM
    firmbeliever
    I don't have a favourite as such, but at different times different quotes have inspired me-
    And most of the time it is not really quotes in the normal sense, but wise sayings...

"People should learn to use things and love people,instead of using people and loving things."Anonymous

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." Oscar Wilde

"Its amazing how much you can hear when no one is saying anything."Elaine St. James

"And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is)." Quran 2:42

I like CaptainRich's choice, it is so true..
  • Aug 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
    rankrank55
    The one's on my signature are my favorite!
  • Aug 13, 2007, 07:46 AM
    shatteredsoul
    ONe of my favorite quotes is, "IF you always do what you've always done, YOu will always get, what you have always gotten."
  • Aug 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
    nicespringgirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I dont have a favourite as such, but at different times different quotes have inspired me-
    And most of the time it is not really quotes in the normal sense, but wise sayings...

"People should learn to use things and love people,instead of using people and loving things."Anonymous

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." Oscar Wilde

"Its amazing how much you can hear when no one is saying anything."Elaine St. James

"And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is)." Quran 2:42

I like CaptainRich's choice, it is so true..

Yes, I like both of yours.

So are the others, very nice! Love it:)
  • Aug 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Ken 297
    I thought I was wrong once... But I was mistaken
  • Aug 13, 2007, 01:48 PM
    firmbeliever
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken 297
    I thought I was wrong once...But I was mistaken

That is a good one:D

Thanks nicespringgirl, I always crack up when I read your signature about walking in someone else's shoes... :p
  • Aug 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. -- Proverbs 10:12

He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is love. -- John 4:8

It err is human; to forgive, divine. -- Alexander Pope

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No cloud can overshadow a true Christian but his faith will discern a rainbow in it. -- Bishop Horne

There are so many different quotes, I do not have a favorite. I do enjoy quotes that have to do with peace, love, and true friends.