Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   HVAC blower motor--screwed up wiring-- HELP (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=35290)

• Sep 27, 2006, 12:26 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    HVAC blower motor--screwed up wiring-- HELP
    Relaced blower motor, but wires are different from old motor--can hear it click on, but nothing else. Have part and model numbers for old motor (GE), new motor (Dayton-PSC), and HVAC (Goodman) Please Help-- am burning up here--(south texas)
  • Sep 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
    esquire1
    Did you replace the capacitor?
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    Thanks for help---- replaced capacitor---- correct wires ? No telling
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:24 PM
    esquire1
    How is it wired? What color wires where?
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    I didn't take remove motor (wish I had--would have diagrammed everything) when new motor arrived, the capacitor was given by sales guy to fit new motor
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:42 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    Old motor was GE- 7 wires:black, 2 browns, 1 beige (white), 1 orange, 1 red, 1 yellow----------- new motor Dayton (PSC)-- can't tell about wire colors- already installed--I KNOW there is 8 wires, not 7------- tyring to fix husband's screw-up--have no idea what he did after initially not work
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
    esquire1
    Have you put the new motor in? What color wires do you have? Have you wired anything up yet? If so what color wire do you have going where?
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    Sorry slow to respond-- am new to site and still learning-- do appreciate the help
  • Sep 27, 2006, 03:49 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    Have to get back to youon that one-- anyway to have instant messaging on this site -- It seems there must be an easier way--- if so, I have no problem giving you ( only you ) my email address. Let me know.
    I'll log-in again in a little while if I can figure out what the ___ he did

THANKS AGAIN
  • Sep 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
    esquire1
    Go to my name in response and you will have a pull down that will say "send private e-mail. I will then give you my e-mail address
  • Sep 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
    esquire1
    The brown, brown with white stripe both to capacitor: white to contactor: black(high speed) to fan relay> Red is low speed and blue is med speed,Cap off if only using one speed. The purple and yellow is for fan rotation. They can be reversed for proper rotation of fan. Does this help any?
  • Sep 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
    dvqjimbo1
    I found this info. + more from one of your replies to (forgot) on 4-17-06

For Carrier, I think; also said:

Yellow conncted to purple for fan rotation
    Orange... brown... otation

Whatever, will use what you just sent me.

Will see what I can do -- probably be bugging you again
    Cross your fingers for me !

Bye for now
    \ dvqjimbo1