Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    take out Assad right now and thats what you got. All the dominant rebel groups are terrorists or friends of Iran and ALL of them want to commit Genocide against Israel...and they have all made such staements.
    Assad knows that... and is smiling.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Assad knows that ... and is smiling.

Well... you don't HAVE to side with Assad... but going against him is by action aiding the Islamic Knuckledraggers... who want to go after Israel too.

Hopefully by waiting it out far more of that scum will remove themselves from the human gene pool before what happens, happens.

And maybe at that time someone actually better than Assad will arise... because right now there are none.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Well, isn't this a fine how do you do? We got two right wingers, (smoothy and tom) who wanna coddle the enemy, and we got two lefty's and one righty (me, tal and Steve), who wanna PUNISH this piece of sh*t.

excon
    Maybe you missed my closing line... call me undecided.

I thinks supporting the al Nusra Front (aka AQ ) is coddling the enemy... you ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Blow up one enemy, retarget, reload blow up the enemy that's left.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then get ready for the War Crime Proceedings... because nothing short of exxterminating all life within those borders will achieve the desired results. And even then.. it won't because other scum can easily move in...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Who will be left to run the country? A women's coalition? That might work.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 10:45 AM
    And maybe we can install a government we like... you guys always approved that in the past.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2013, 10:46 AM
    This is as close to being asked if you would rather be burned at stake, drawn and quartered... or torn apart by wolves.

You get to pick the best one of those three. Then arguing about the merits of one over the other.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and maybe we can install a government we like.... you guys always approved that in the past.
    I'll volunteer -- have been president of a church group and was a department head at a public library. Am well educated. Have successfully worked with Muslims in the past. Am organized, fun to be with, and know how to make samosas and baklava.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Whoever's is left can do whatever the hell they want, as long as they know where the boundary line is, and what happens when they cross it.

I vote for WG if it comes down to it.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2013, 11:05 AM
    I don't think she wants to go over there any more than the rest of us do.

I met one guy from Syria once... a pompous pain in the rump... he had his diplomatic immunity stripped and deported over distribution of conterfiet US currency... no lost love for any of them from me.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Remember Bush's coalition of the willing, the one openly mocked by lefties everywhere? Well, according to Debbie Downer, Obama has his own COW, but who those "dozens" are is a secret I guess.

Democratic National Committee chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz says there are “dozens” of nations supporting the United States’ intervention in Syria, but regrets she’s “not at liberty to say” which ones.

“There are dozens of countries who are going to stand with the United States, who will engage with us on military action and also that back us 100 percent,” Wasserman Schultz said on CNN last night. When pressed by host Wolf Blitzer as to which ones, the Florida congressman said some of that information was classified.

The host asked Wasserman Schultz if those countries pledged military or diplomatic support, and she responded that it was a combination of both. “The important thing is we need military and moral leadership here,” she said.
    These newly converted hawks are not very convincing, and that is a problem. The entire situation has been mishandled, the message muddled, the case less than convincing and the objective totally unclear. Other than, it's slam dunk.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 11:40 AM
    The Senate foreign Relations Committee is meeting now. The process is moving ahead slowly.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'll volunteer -- have been president of a church group and was a department head at a public library. Am well educated. Have successfully worked with Muslims in the past. Am organized, fun to be with, and know how to make samosas and baklava.
    Baked goods would be the least of your concerns. Maybe if they carved out a safe haven for the Christian population... because the only thing preventing an ethnic cleansing of Christians and Kurds in Syria is Assad.

At the end of the movie 'Lawrence of Arabia', the Arab rebel fighters are wrapped up with internal, petty squabbles in Damascus as the great powers maneuver for the future of Syria. Nothing has changed .
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 02:17 PM
    The Senate foreign Relations Committee is meeting now. The process is moving ahead slowly.
    It's even more obvious now that this whole affair is all about Obama as usual. He beat the war drums to cover for his ad-lib and did an about face on the go it alone strategy for more CYA, someone to blame if it goes bad.

According to Politico, “At the very least, Obama clearly wants lawmakers to co-own a decision that he can’t back away from after having declared last year that Assad would cross a ‘red line’ if he used chemical weapons against his own people.” And the Washington Post reports:

Obama’s proposal to invite Congress dominated the Friday discussion in the Oval Office. He had consulted almost no one about his idea. In the end, the president made clear he wanted Congress to share in the responsibility for what happens in Syria. As one aide put it, “We don’t want them to have their cake and eat it, too.”

Get it? The president of the United States is preparing in advance to shift the blame if his strike on Syria proves to be unpopular and ineffective. He’s furious about the box he’s placed himself in, he hates the ridicule he’s (rightly) incurring, but he doesn’t see any way out.

What he does see is a political (and geopolitical) disaster in the making. And so what is emerging is what comes most naturally to Mr. Obama: Blame shifting and blame sharing. Remember: the president doesn’t believe he needs congressional authorization to act. He’s ignored it before. He wants it now. For reasons of political survival. To put it another way: He wants the fingerprints of others on the failure in Syria.

Rarely has an American president joined so much cynicism with so much ineptitude.
    Any surprise he won't come out and make his case himself?

Meanwhile, another blast from the past from that war monger Nancy Pelosi. Memories...

Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Debate then vote. That's the way it works.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 02:47 PM
    Debate then vote. That's the way it works.
    I understand, you want cover if it goes bad, too.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 3, 2013, 02:59 PM
    With all the focus on Syria, maybe for once congress won't make fools of themselves when it comes time to raise the debt ceiling again next month. I was so sick of that nonsense, tanking the stock market for no reason.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2013, 03:01 PM
    Let's call it what it is shared responsibility, consensus, now there is a word you don't hear very often. He wants it so the republicans can't run away from the decision
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 03:11 PM
    The ones that vote NO, can squeal I told you so if it goes bad and point that out when they run for president. Obama did, it worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I caused havoc! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm jules I'm 16 and a month ago I was asked out by a guy I had already dated two times before. He had been very sweet in asking me out and said he loved me and stuff and that he had changed over the summer and is more mature (lol). Since we have similar Christian values and love horses I said yes....

Havoc soundtrack [ 0 Answers ]

When the girls first go to a party,there's a spanish song playing. What's it called?

My dogs poop looks like grits or grain is in it, and its loose what could cause this? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husand got a new GSD (7 weeks) and we started him out on Iams puppy food, he has had loose stools ever since we got him, he got treated for hookworms and also tapeworms but yet still has the problem. His poop looks like it has grits in it or either grains, it is sometimes formed but also...

Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been...

What can you do about a 16 year old is causing havoc? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm single dad w/3kids since 2000. The mother is a bi-polar & acute alcoholic. She has not lived up to her visitation schedule in over 2 years. She has a history of canceling visitation at the last minute or not showing up and her excuses are always suspicious. My 18 yr old son is doing okay but...

View more questions Search