Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mag1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Love or lust
    Well my boyfriend & I have been dating for about a year last month[July] he proposed I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him but its just that I feel like I'm too attached to him, I don't let him have any alone time and when things don't go my way I freak out and feel unsecured and jealous. lately its been worst.. What should I do.! Would it be better for us to break up.!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 12:54 AM
    Hi, mag1990!

My initial response is that I would recommend that the two of you seek out a counselor who would be willing to see the both of you at the same time. I would recommend the same thing for any couple who are wanting to be married - problems or not.

I am glad that the two of you want to be married! It's a huge step in life!

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 21, 2009, 01:31 AM

Congrats in getting engaged! You love him, you worry about him, and are attached to him, that's what every engaged couple should be like, but you do need to give your man some space, like a night out with his friends, or give him the house, apartment (?) to himself so he can have people over and you go out with your friends. No it wouldn't be better to break up! You love him, he loves you Why would you break up? You just need to trust you man more, has he ever done anything in which you cannot trust him anymore?
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Aug 21, 2009, 01:51 AM

Why the title of your question is "love or lust"?

How old are both of you? When getting into marriage, there's a lot of things to consider: rapport, money, background, maturity etc

I'm not into 5+ years of engagement but a year of dating is short time. It's a thoughtful consideration though.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 01:54 AM

Hey,love or lust?

After a year with someone you should know each other pretty well,marriage is a big step and needs to be taken seriously..
    Romance aside,the practical issues need to be discussed..

If your not sure if its love or lust,maybe marriage should not be on the table just yet.. and more time spent getting to know each other..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 11:54 AM

I think he will get tired of you any way after a while so, change your immature ways. Grow up a bit, and wait until you know if its love, or lust. Lust wears off, and love is what you do for each other. Its not about sex either.
    sanguine Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 23, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Breaking your relationship won't help you at all.. if you both really love each work out for your relationship, start managing everything.. list make a list or schedule... so that you could feel less insecure..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it love or lust? [ 5 Answers ]

I am having these feelings for our youth PASTOR.I can se that he likes me too because recently he kissed me, and told me that he wants to marry me. What am worried about is that He is 13 years older and the church might refuse or his family. I really love him and don't want to be hurt. Please...

Love or Lust? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay. So I have an interesting situation. I meet this guy in a forum about 7 years ago. We were good friends through it, it was actually an RPG forum; but we both eventually left it and still stayed friends Instant Messenger. This friendship started to turn into infatuation and like.This went on...

Love or lust? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend have been on and off for the past 11months since then he has had 2 other relationships and I have had one. But it seems that we both still like each other, but I'm not sure if he really likes me. I'm really confused and don't know what to do because I'm falling in love with...

Lust or love [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I'm 16 and am finding it hard to figure owt if I love mi boyfriend of 7mnths we haven't acually been going owt for 7mnths because we broke up for a mnth. We broke up because I cheated on him and ended up leaving him for the other guy after a while I really started to miss our realationship...

View more questions Search