Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psuprincess916 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Love or Lust?
    Okay. So I have an interesting situation.
    I meet this guy in a forum about 7 years ago. We were good friends through it, it was actually an RPG forum; but we both eventually left it and still stayed friends Instant Messenger.
    This friendship started to turn into infatuation and like.This went on for some time, we would talk just about every day for years. I would go to school, go to practice[I was on a competitive swim team], do homework, and get online talk to him for a few hours, go to sleep , and it was pretty much a rinse, lather, release time of ordeal.
    He was dating other people but still proclaimed a desire to want to be with me through it all. I brushed it off considering we were a good distance away from each other[90 miles at 16 is a lot].He graduated high school and moved farther away for college and we were than 392 miles. However, still continued to talk on a constant basis. Mind you I am about 18 months younger than him. As my high school career started to come to an end we still always talked and he was always the guy I'd run to, to talk to about just about everything and it would seem I was that girl for him; even when he was in a relationship.
    The summer before my freshman year of college, a close friend from high school and I started talking more, and we eventually dated. He's in the Army and our relationship was a military relationship that just wasn't meant to work. We started dating during my freshman year and his first year in the military[not the smartest pair, I know]. However, whenever I would talk to my friend from afar I would feel guilty, I wasn't sure why at the time but I would; in the end it was obviously. I was falling for the boy I was talking to and not dating. The military boy and I broke it off about 6 months after we started relationship, because he couldn't deal with distance. Which is understood. The boy from afar and I still talked at one point during my relationship, I decided to stop talking to Afar guy since I realized it was taking a toll on my relationship. But it went to hell anyway, and Afar guy and I shortly after started talking again.
    Finally, after a lot of convincing and planning.
    We met the Summer after my freshman year of college.
    It was nice, we spent some quality time together in Niagara Falls, mind you he and I were good friends and not alone. We at this point were friends for 6 years. It was just a friend affair for a good part of the night, until I made a move; I kissed him.
    It eventually turned into a make out session but after it all I realized that it was all clear, the military boy wasn't what I wanted after all. However, Afar guy was sure to clarify that after I proclaimed the idea I had truly fallen for him that the night was just a friend thing and nothing more.[He was in an open relationship with a girl from his own university during the time we met].
    He told me that he just thought of me as a friend, a friend he found attractive but just a friend.
    I accepted it what else could I do?
    So bringing you up to now, we are still friends however this summer I have made trips up to hang out with him in his state. We live in 2 different states by the way.
    Once, I was with one of my best friends, the other time I was alone with him and honestly. I feel kind of bad like it's weird this time around we are both single, however the last time I was around him he kissed me.
    I was talking to someone and the guy jumped on my heart and did the happy dance, afar guy was the one I ran to and it was known that he had finally fallen for me as well;however the kiss was awkward since I just had my heart broken.
    I still like him a lot, possibly love as odd as it sounds.
    But I'm scared.
    He admits he has feelings for me as well, however, fears distance.
    What should I do, I'm in my junior year of college, he is a college grad and leaving for 6 months for work in about a month. :-[
    I'm not sure what to do right now with the situation I have at hand.
    I like him but at the same time I fear getting involved and losing what I have with him completely.

Advice?
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 13, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Ahem.

He doesn't have feelings for you. If he's open relationship, that means HE'S A SWINGER. A swinger is a person who dates casually and sex with different people...

Aug 13, 2008, 09:12 PM
    He was in an open relationship last summer. This summer he is single, the open relationship ended last August.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Stay friends, as the distance will complicate things greatly.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by psuprincess916
    he was in an open relationship last summer. This summer he is single, the open relationship ended last August.
    So you want to date a guy who was willing to stick his pencil into anything that is round?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
    LDR AND him open to open relationships =You are living in la la land if you think you have a relationship with him!

Aug 14, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Okay I don't think I am dating him that's for sure I know I'm not.
    I just wanted advice how to continue to keep things the way they are.
    We have chemistry that's for sure.
    And HONESTLY he is NOT sticking himself in everything.

He and I are just friends
    Ms Leti Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 03:42 AM

The fact that he saw you as a friend only, when you were head over hills shows you simply that this guy just isn't plain ready to start calling you his girlfriend. You made a mistake by allowing him to go the extra mile with you(kissing him especially when you made the move) Showed him that you are desperate in a way. Your partner is somewhere out there just wait and stop trying to make it work with him when you can see that its not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love or lust makes me sick [ 7 Answers ]

Love/lust makes me feel sick in my stomach. odd feeling, Is it normal though? :confused: hElp

How can you tell the difference between love & lust? [ 10 Answers ]

I was just curious because whenever 1 of my friends meet a guy and they say their in love, people keep telling them that its just lust and I wanted to know how can you tell the difference? Is it something that they will do or not do? And how can you tell if a guy really likes you for who you are or...

Love or lust? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend have been on and off for the past 11months since then he has had 2 other relationships and I have had one. But it seems that we both still like each other, but I'm not sure if he really likes me. I'm really confused and don't know what to do because I'm falling in love with...

Lust or love [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I'm 16 and am finding it hard to figure owt if I love mi boyfriend of 7mnths we haven't acually been going owt for 7mnths because we broke up for a mnth. We broke up because I cheated on him and ended up leaving him for the other guy after a while I really started to miss our realationship...

View more questions Search