Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   I kissed my bestfriends ex (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=224931)

• Jun 9, 2008, 09:48 AM
    sk8ergirl150
    I kissed my bestfriends ex

Well the other night my bestfriends ex (we were really good friends) well he invited me to watch a movie at his house and I said OK so I went there and at the beginning nothing was happening and then we started having a pillow fight he took me and held me tight in his arms then the moment arrived he kissed me... :eek: I'm not going to lie I felt like if it was magic but between us nothing will ever happen well anyway we stayed 2 hours in each others arms kissing and hugging but I haven't told my best friend and I'm really stressed out about telling her he said that we would keep this a secret but I'm still worried my best friend means so much to me.. what can I do? I really need help
    And thanks to everyone for reading
  • Jun 9, 2008, 10:16 AM
    squeaks77
    Unless you don't want to be friends with your best friend anymore, don't hook up with her ex. Best friends are hard to find, boyfriends are a dime a dozen!
  • Jun 9, 2008, 11:17 AM
    JBeaucaire
    There are no rules about who you can and can't date as long as they are available. Date whom you wish.

But, many people THINK there are rules and want to enforce them on you. They're wrong, but that won't stop them from punishing you for their stupidity.

So, keep that in mind. An irrational "best friend" may never give you peace if you date a man she's not with, but wants to keep you away from him because of your friendship. That's not friendship, that's manipulation.

If it were me and a friend started that crap, I'd say:
    "Oh, you're dating him again?"
    (No)
    "Um, ok, then no harm done, he's free."
    (But he's my ex, dating him will hurt my feelings)
    "Hey, you can counsel me on how to date, but WHO I date is my business."
  • Jun 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
    justcurious55
    I know this isn't the most moral thing to do. But if you're truly not going to let anything else happen, I would 1) just never say anything about it and avoid the possibility of drama. And 2) don't hang out with him alone anymore- best to avoid temptation.
  • Jun 9, 2008, 12:42 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by justcurious55
    i know this isn't the most moral thing to do. but if you're truly not going to let anything else happen, i would 1) just never say anything about it and avoid the possibility of drama. and 2) don't hang out with him alone anymore- best to avoid temptation.

I agree.
  • Jun 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
    brittneybam
    If you felt magic go for it! Him and your best friend are over if this guy makes you happy go for it! If she was your real best friend then she would let you to be happy together!