Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Body Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cartilage Piercing red and swollen. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=186329)

• Jul 27, 2012, 07:53 PM
    qwertyqeqe
    It doesn't hurt what so ever. I was terrified, but right when the needle went through (im terrified of needles) I smiled. But the clamp (if your getting a hoop, not stud) sometimes slips when they try to put the ball on. It happened twice while he was working on my ear, it hurt pretty bad when it jerked. But not much later. Just don't get water in it for awhile or a cyst will form. Keep it clean!
  • Aug 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
    jennifer98
    What if my cartliage piercing has a white crust around it and that its also swelled and it looks like a zit? What do I do? PLEASE HELP!!
  • Aug 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
    jadakiss818
    My cartilage pericing is swolled up I don't think I have a infection . Well ima tell you how it looks . Near the cartilage percin in the ear mine is swollen it is big a my percing I'm really scared that I have a infection. So I'm putting ice on it just in case it might go down. Likeely it should , but I want to know have manny people have this and it went down so please tell me what I should do and if it might be a infection
  • Sep 6, 2012, 09:17 PM
    mommyofoutlaws
    I got mine pierced at Clair's 5 years ago it never healed then I got it done at walmart and the same thing so I took it out so last week I got it done on my other ear at clairs it was fine for the first.3 days then my hair got stuck in it and it swelled up I just used peroxide and neosporin with pain relife don't get the cheap one get the good one it may be more money bur worth it the next day mu swelling was gone just keep cleaning it with that the stuff they give you is no good hope this helps xoxo
  • Sep 7, 2012, 06:23 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyofoutlaws View Post
    I got mine pierced at Clair's 5 years ago it never healed then i got it done at walmart and the same thing so i took it out so last week i got it done on my other ear at clairs it was fine for the first.3 days then my hair got stuck in it and it swelled up i just used peroxide and neosporin with pain relife dont get the cheap one get the good one it may be more money bur worth it the next day mu swelling was gone just keep cleaning it with that the stuff they give you is no good hope this helps xoxo

The person asked this question in 2008.
  • Oct 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
    wiccan4lyfe1988
    My ear is red and looks like a big hole in the back or a ring around my ear on the back side of my cartliage and it smells and it hurts to mess with it
  • Dec 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
    xan94
    You have to wait 3 weeks before you can change it. If you change it any earlier, the hole will quickly close
  • Dec 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
    girlythings101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beliebers_Rule View Post
    how long would i have too wait for me too switch earrings? please answer soon soon i got mine done 2 days ago with a needle!!

Don't switch them yet! You have to wait almost a year to switch them
  • Dec 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Please post the one-year information. I do not believe it is true.
  • Feb 3, 2013, 02:57 PM
    SADIEBRYAN
    I got my cartilage pierced 6 days ago with a needle and it's been fine up until this morning when I woke up and pretty much my whole ear is red, swollen and feels very hot... I'm not sure if I slept on it in the night or what. Could this be an infection? Can I get some help on how to treat it please:)
  • Feb 17, 2013, 04:29 AM
    lilly hall
    I got my cartiledge piercing done two days ago. It is red swollen and really really hurts to touch. There is no way I can sleep on it and it throbs occasionally when I don't touch it. I clean it with warm salty water as it is a natural antiseptic. But I don't know if I should take it out or just bear with the pain? Help.
  • Mar 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
    franrizzle
    You're supposed to wait minimum 3 months
  • Jul 22, 2013, 03:17 PM
    N0help4u
    Effects of tongue piercing
    Tongue Piercing, rings, bars, danger, Hepatitis C, Brain Abscesses,Cancer.
  • Aug 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
    MadJoy
    Relax, it's normal. It's just pissed off that you shoved metal in there! Any time you get these kinds of symptoms do a salt soak. I'm telling you it feels amazing on the piercing and really helps with swelling. The salt soak brings all the bad stuff out of your ear like puss and germs and soothes it. Now for making one. You much use one cup of water, bottled or boiled tap water,and add 1/4 teaspoons of non iodized sea salt. If you used a bottle of water, heat the mixture up in the microwave until warm. If boiled, let it cool down until it is still warm but won't hurt you. Good luck!