Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is this painting worth any value (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=350684)

• May 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
    2wanna
    2 Attachment(s)
    Is this painting worth any value
    Is this painting worth any value
  • May 7, 2009, 05:17 AM
    tickle

Sorry, but this painting has to be the ugliest work I have ever seen ! Is there any reason you think it is worth anything ?

Tick
  • May 7, 2009, 06:18 AM
    2wanna

It was once said that beauty is n the eye of the beholder. I did not ask for your opinion of the painting, I ask was the painting worth any value. Sorry to be so blunt but I happen to like the painting. If you still want to help me with my paint, 20 years ago I paid 150 dollar for it, "scarce" is written on the tree trunk. On the back of the painting is London Oil Colour and Newton Extra Quality Cotton Canvas Board.. I guess he might be a European Artist
  • May 9, 2009, 05:45 AM
    shazamataz

I've tried googling every possible variation of that name...
    Pherpin
    Phenpin
    Phanpin
    Pherpi
    Phanpi
    Phenpi

The same the d at the start...

I've come up with nothing sorry...
  • May 9, 2009, 07:02 AM
    tickle

You may no t have asked for my opinion, but my opinion was from a purely artistic point of view. Yes you are right, 2wanna, beauty would have to be in the eye of the beholder on this one. If I put some of my artwork up for sale looking like that, I would head for the hills first.
  • May 9, 2009, 07:24 AM
    adam_89

Do you know what the artists name is clearly. I can not make out what the letters are.

Just as Shazzy has done, I can't find anything.

I even looked through a page of artists in the 20th century and can't even find the person who painted it.
  • May 9, 2009, 10:54 PM
    2wanna
    Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your help.
  • May 9, 2009, 10:58 PM
    2wanna

Mr Tickle, I don't no what your problem is with my painting, but thank your artistic point of view, which I have to question.. So please head for the hill and try now to fall down it...
  • May 9, 2009, 11:38 PM
    45notdaddy

Things are only worth what someone else would pay for them. That said, it doesn't seem to be anything other than an amateur work by an unknown (read: not famous) artist. It could be the work of a 50's housewife who took a painting class. Your best bet would be to have it appraised.
  • May 10, 2009, 04:09 AM
    tickle

LOL, 2 want to, your opinion of my artistic merit is really amusing; I don't have a problem with it though. It doesn't matter. Sometimes OPs don't like to hear an opinion. I don't have a problem with that. Funny thing is though, its only a painting and not worth a disagreement.

Apologies if I offended you. I will be very careful on that hill.

Kindest regards

ms. tickle
  • May 10, 2009, 07:56 AM
    2wanna

Mr Tickel, I don't have a problem with your opinion, It just the way you said it. I was offended and apologies is accepted. Thank you for all your help... I collect painting, I look forward to your help in the future. Lol 2wanna.
  • May 10, 2009, 08:15 AM
    tickle

Hi, 2wanna, being blunt unfortunately at times is my style. You mus nott be offended by bluntness. I too, have several watercolors, acrylic, and numbered prints of the Group of Seven. I have also painted in acrylic and presently do commission work in stained glass. Colour is very much apart of my life being a stained glass artisan. This is probably why your painting did not appeal to me. It was the style in colour.

Kindest regards

Tick
  • May 10, 2009, 08:43 AM
    2wanna

Mr Tickle, It cool. I understand now, looking at it from your artistic point of view, the painting is kind of dual. I look forward to your professional help and bluntness in the future.. lol 2wanna.