Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Appliances (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   My Kenmore front load washer model#41743042200 won't spin cycle and agitates slowly (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=464894)

• Apr 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
    paleoman
    My Kenmore front load washer model#41743042200 won't spin cycle and agitates slowly
    I replaced the back outer tub and the inner drum(spider arm shattered) on my Kenmore front load washer. It still doesn't drain though the pump is working because the spin cycle doesn't work and it will only agitate extremely slow. Is it the motor control or the knob or maybe something else?
  • Apr 15, 2010, 05:34 PM
    applguy
    The washer was made by Frigidaire. Since replacing the rear tub components requires considerable disassembly, I would start by simply going back over everything looking for wiring connectors not fully engaged, wires broken, etc. You may have already done it, but it needs to be said. I'm a little fuzzy on whether you're having one problem or two. Are you saying that the machine won't drain therefore causing it to not spin, or are you saying that it won't drain AND it won't spin even when its empty?
  • Apr 15, 2010, 07:32 PM
    paleoman

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
    I've already replaced the broken rear hub and the metal inner tub. It doesn't go through the spin cycle but simply continues to agitate extremely slowly so the water doesn't drain either. The water pump works though. Yes, I'll go over again and look for any wires I might have smashed or damaged.
  • Apr 15, 2010, 07:40 PM
    applguy
    I'm a little confused... did you replace the inner basket, rear half of the outer tub and the pulley, or just the inner basket and the pulley? Just to make sure you know, the rotation of the basket has nothing at all to do with the washers ability to drain. I assume you are trying to tell me that the drain pump will drain if it is turned on? This could be a real weird one... it could be related to how you reassembled the tubs, basket shaft seal pressure, door lock mechanism, timer; heck, almost anything... may take someone familiar enough with the machine to notice the problem to be there with it. Good luck; let me know what you find.
  • Apr 15, 2010, 08:41 PM
    paleoman

I replaced the outer rear tub because it broke from a piece of the aluminum spider arm breaking off. So, I replaced the inner metal basket also. The machine stopped draining before I replaced the rear tub. A piece of plastic from the rear tub was getting sucked into the pump but I removed it and the water pump functions fine. If the machine goes through a wash cycle it only agitates slowly regardless of the settings and the clothes come out soaking wet partly because the machine doesn't spin in the spin cycle but only agitates very slowly. I'm sure the basket seal pressure's good.
    I was thinking that yes it could be just about anything. I was also thinking about scrapping the whole thing and buying a new set anyway.