Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Adult Sexuality (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=370)
-   -   Adult Father Daughter Sexual Relationship (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=611371)

• Nov 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
    UneasyOne
    Adult Father Daughter Sexual Relationship
    My girlfriends mother died recently and I was asked to take something over to her fathers house (age 85) to drop off. I don't think he was expecting me. There was a delay in his answering the door. When he did he looked dischelved and it little flushed. I didn't think anything of it and walked in with the delivery. The interior door to the garage was open and it seemed to me that that was where he had been. I continued on into the kitchen with him and then turned back towards the door and suddenly there was one of his other daughters (age 55). She looked at me funny and was just looking at me like a cat with a mouse. Again, it didn't hit me and I said hi and then left shortly after that.
    Then I started thinking about and I remebered hearing that there was some tension between this particular daughter (there are 6 others in the family)and her mother. My gut is telling me that they were having sex but I find that hard to believe. Does this occur and should I tell my girlfriend?
  • Nov 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
    ScottGem
    Your gut feeling has nothing but some odd looks to back it up. I wouldn't say anything.
  • Nov 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I think this is a terrible accusation to make when two adults are involved and you saw absolutely nothing and heard absolutely nothing.

You cannot accuse people of inappropriate sexual activity based on someone being "dischelved," flushed and looking at you "funny."

I would ignore your gut.
  • Nov 12, 2011, 05:58 AM
    QLP
    If you had come to my house a few days ago you would have found myself and my husband both looking a little dishevelled and flushed and our demenour wouldn't have been overly sociable. The reason - we had been installing a new washing machine - a faulty inlet tap, loose stop-cock and wrong sized blanking cap had resulted in the kitchen getting flooded 3 times. We hadn't been having sex but we had been airing a few choice expletives...

Seriously, you could have walked in on any situation here. I think you took a very big leap to jump to that conclusion. Incidentally, just how fast do you expect an 85 year old to get to the door? You do also say he wasn't expecting you. Some people simply don't like unexpected visitors and prefer a quick phone call before hand. Maybe they felt a little put out. Granted it was probably your girlfriend's job to arrange this so everyone was happy.

And please don't forget all these people are in the thick of a grieving process. Nobody is their normal self at these times, nor do they need unfounded accusations throwing around when they already have enormously difficult feelings to deal with.
  • Nov 12, 2011, 10:33 AM
    jenniepepsi
    Well... its none of your business...