Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irulan26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Does ex still have feelings for me?
    Married but still have feelings for EX?
    I am married and have feelings for ex. I have no idea why this is occurring now, I am starting to catch feelings. Why is this? It has been yrs since we broken up and think the reason we broke up is because I was moving at the time and I figured that it wasn't going to work with having a long distance relationship with him. Of course I didn't tell my ex that at the time. I just kind of blew him off. Well I met someone before I moved and that person is now my husband. We did the long distance relationship for a few months and during those months he moved me back up. Anyway Well I am married with 2 kids and so is he with one on the way but he contacts me on aim occassionly. Why?
    How does he feel?
    Here was our last conversation:

Ok it started as hi how are you etc...
    Him: Do my tax
    Me: you can do it!
    Me:Why choose me to do it?
    Me: I guess I am special
    Him:yes you are :)
    ---Next day
    He im's me of course
    Him: yo
    Me: hey :)
    Me: miss me?
    Him: of course I miss you lol
    Him: but you don't miss me lol
    Me: Actually I do can't believe I just said that
    Him: wow you do with smilyface
    Me:told him I was mad at hubby
    Him: you can talk to me
    Me: I can't talk to someone I feelings for. Whew! Got that off my chest. Don't know why but I do
    Him: lol wow
    Him: you feel like that
    Him; I didn't know you still feel like that
    Him: BRB time for work
    (then he signs off

So did I Just get dissed.. lol

A few days ago he asked so when are you going to cook for me? I said are you serious and he says lol could be

I really do love my husband and I would never cheat. Trust me on that. I like to be friends with him but nothing more. One thing about chatting with him online is that I never will im-contact him he is always contacting me. So should I just stop talking to him period? Why do exes want to stay in contact anyway?
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Feb 5, 2011, 10:58 AM
    So let me get this straight, you tell your ex, that you have feelings for him - your considering spending time with him, but you won't cheat on your husband? This to me sounds exactly how cheating starts.
    Tho it looks to me that he's a big charmer, and may consider you his booty-call.

Perhaps he's bored, or maybe he still loves you. Only he can really say if he is or isent..
    irulan26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 11:04 AM
    No I am not considering spending time with him at all whatsoever. I know that is out of the question
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Feb 5, 2011, 11:41 AM
    This looks like a path to disaster. Like the above poster said, he is a charmer. He'll get to you, you'll find yourself thinking about him more and more and what could have been with him and less about your husband. The last thing you'd want is for this to go so far as to ruin marriages with innocent kids involved.

If you love your husband and would never cheat, what is the point in telling your ex you still have feelings for him? And asking him if he misses you? What exactly do you want to happen with this situation? The only thing I can see coming out of this situation is just that- cheating!

He probably keeps contacting you because it's obvious that you're interested in him still. I'm sure he still has some lingering feelings for you and he probably wouldn't mind a hook up here and there. I would agree that you should not tell him about problems with you and your husband. He WILL tell you what you want to hear, which will complicate your feelings even more. Some occasional casual small talk just to catch up with each other is one thing, but this is borderline innapropriate, especially since you are both married with children!

Just my opinion, but I'd stay clear of this situation and stop talking to him!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Don't respond anymore. That way you won't "catch" anything. Nip this in the bud.

You are treading on a dangerous path.
    You are both married with kids.

Exs are exs. Nuff said.

Look forward not in the past.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:29 PM

You are doing nothing but stirring up old feelings in yourself, that can only distract you from reality, and wondering about fantasy. Doesn't matter what he feels about you. You are married with two kids, HEL-LO!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 11:45 PM
    I fantasize all the time. But never forget what's real.

Does your fantasy include ruining 2 relationships?

Ask your husband what he thinks of your post. Your conversation w/him. Include the smiley faces.
    How you are in touch & flirting with your ex.

What was the question again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to know if she has a feelings with me? [ 5 Answers ]

Moved and edited personal info Hi, I am a male, 24 years old. I just want to know if I have a chance to go to US to have a good work there? I just also want to know if my girl has a feelings for me and if she is the girl that I will love for my entire life and if she can break her Boyfriend to...

My feelings. [ 12 Answers ]

I am mortified to be writing this, but I'm desperate for guidance. I am a recently divorced 31-year-old mother of two teenaged daughters, aged thirteen and fifteen. My eldest sister's son, who is just a couple of years older than my two daughters, has recently started to make sexual advances...

Feelings for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

I am twenty eight. I have been happily married for 8 years and I have 2 kids however a few weeks ago my ex contacted me and wanting to know what I have been doing. After chatting on line for a while I got know what he has been doing and reminiscing about old times. We used to be sweethearts in...

Not sure about feelings [ 4 Answers ]

I like someone 3 yrs older. Should I try to not like her? Or just wait till I'm older? p.s. I'm 13 and she's 16, she and I are like brother and sis

Still have feelings for ex? [ 7 Answers ]

I went over to my ex girlfriends house today to wash my car and pic up a couple of my things. (we broke up 5 months ago and I didn't have room for all my stuff when I moved into my new place. I decided to try and stay friends.) She called me a couple of days ago and asked me to fix a door in her...

View more questions Search