Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMan300z Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Can I move out of state while on probation?
    Hey guys I'm on probation for two felony charges and I have a great opportunity out of state for a new job and a fresh start on life with a different crowd of friends for the better. I know its possible to transfer out of state from reading some of the previous answers on this site< but I'm not current on my fines with the state and my probation fees! :( Will this keep me from getting my probation transferred?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Yes it will. Get current with everything before you go asking to get transferred out of state.
    BMan300z Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 09:10 AM
    That's what I thought. I also heard that if your PO is cool with you that it doesn't really matter if you are current. Is that true?? :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Hello B:

It doesn't matter if your PO is cool or not. THEY really have little to do with a transfer - just file the paperwork - like any other bureaucrat - which is all they are. Ok, they're bureaucrats with guns - big deal.

Whether you get transferred or not depends solely on whether you fit the criteria AND your ability to force the issue. If you DO fit it, then you'll get transferred. If you don't, then you won't. It's really that simple. Of course, you'll need to find out what the criteria is, won't you?

Go here, and do what it says.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

excon
    BFree921 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 07:59 PM
    If I am on probation for 2nd degree arson & I have restitution, does that have to be paid before I can move out of state & CAN I move out of state with that kind of felony?
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 08:04 PM

Hello B:

It doesn't matter what kind of felony you have. I don't know if your restitution has to be paid BEFORE they'll transfer you. You're going to READ your local probation department policies, aren't you, like I suggest here.

excon
    BFree921 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 08:15 PM
    Thank you so much for the info. I haven't quite figured out how to post a question yet, so I did it this way, thanks for your help. B
    Hannah.s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 05:21 PM
    I am on probation and I'm pregnant and I live in az and father of my child is in PA I got everything done but pay my fine I just got a job and my boyfriend wants me to move with him and he wants to take care of me I have 1 1/2 yes left on my po do I have a chance to be with the father of my baby?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 06:32 PM

Hello h:

Yes. Follow the rules I sent to everybody above you.

excon
    toya891011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
    I truly need help I'm children dad will be released out of jail August 3rd 2011 he will remain on probation he want to move were he knows no one so he can get his life together I truly believe if he moves in a different state he would be so much better. My uncle has found him a great job, what does he have to do to move? Can he move the day he is released from jail? I know nothing about the court system I have never been in trouble,so if someone can help me that would be great thanks...
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toya891011 View Post
    Can he move the day he is released from jail?
    Hello toya:

He has a person in jail who is managing his case. He needs to see that person to change his release plans. It MAY be a little late for arrangements to be made, so he might have to transfer afterwards... Go read this to find out how.

excon
    Sharell29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 04:37 AM
    I am on probation in the state of rhode I left there with my kids because we became homeless now my probation officer is telling me I have to come back there if I was to go back there I will be homeless all over again loss my kids to the state of Rhode Island because my son is disable & he is 2 how can I get around that to keep my kids were we are without having to go back to Rhode Island because the person I stay with is not family that is nuts
    amberpryor Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Can you get violated if you have a active violation?
    Philly 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Hello, I have a question I hope you can answer? I live in Philly Pa, got into a fight last year, went to court took a plea deal got probation for 2 yrs, have to call twice and report twice during that time. Im moving in a month to Florida, spoke with my probation officer about this and he has no idea what Florida is going to do? I paid all fines and court costs already, he said another 125$ and we start the transfer paperwork, this is a very light probation, what do or can I expect from Florida? He also said it may take 6 months for them to receive the paperwork?
    Thank you.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly 1 View Post
    what do or can I expect from Florida? He also said it may take 6 months for them to receive the paperwork?
    Hello P:

The states have agreed to accept each others parolees and probationers. Florida will accept you if you have a place to live and a job.

Are they charging you to fill out the paperwork?? That ain't right.

excon
    user A Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Hello I have a Class D felon in Indiana I'm current with my fees except with the user's fee and initiation fee and Court fees I'm trying to move to OK where all my family lives and is from... would I be able to?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Hello user:

Read this thread.

excon
    rebelgirl_2424 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 05:39 PM
    Who do we contact to see if my boyfriend can move here to Ohio with me I called his po this morning and he said no. but there has to be a way he can move here because if he don't stay with me he will have no place to go.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Hello r:

Read this.

excon
    DeMorals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Hello my son just started his 3 year probation and when he asked if he can transfer to Florida from NY his P.O. said "NO". He's 20 and I left NY 2 years ago and when I left he had just turned 18, had just started working and didn't want to come. About nines months ago he broke a kid's jaw who was bullying my son's younger half brother. The bully was 18 at the time and my son's younger half brother was 13 at the time. My son was 19 when the incident happened. Anyway, to make a long story short the bully's mother didn't want to press charges only that my son got 3 years probation. I was reading everyone's questions and your responses and I sent my son the link about requesting the written policies and procedures. Do you think he has a chance? Especially because I work at a Career Center (One Stop Center) and I can get him registered to apply for the youth program where he can work on getting his GED and any training or working programs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

I am on probation for a misdemeanor ca I move out of state [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation for a misdemeanor can I move out of state with out getting into trouble

On probation and need to move out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation for misdeamnor and I live in Kansas and my husband lives in Iowa. I want to move to be with him and I have been getting the run around for a year a half now and they won't let me move. What can I do.

Requirements to move out of state while on probation [ 5 Answers ]

I know it must vary state to state, but I am curious as to what some standard requirements might be to move out of state while on probation. I've been searching for an answer and all I have been able to find is basically complete the paperwork with your PO, wait for approval (or denial), and then...

How do you move to another state while on first offender probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on first offender and I'm wanting to move to a state that does not recognize that law. Is it possible to do this?

View more questions Search