Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:36 AM
    CPU usage at 100% with Word
    Hello,
    Suddenly MS Word is running at 100% and locking up everything. I thought it was the new Internet Explorer 7 that did it but after removing it I still have 100% usage.
    Lost may hours on this and am now considering a Mac. Getting fed up with it all after 6 days.
    Any help?
    Ive a Gateway laptop with XP Home.
    Thanks
    Ken
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Have you checked for spyware? While 100% usage may slow things down, it shouldn't be a major problem.
    SRINUT31 Posts: 9, Reputation: -1

Dec 12, 2006, 04:27 AM
    After uninstalling i.e.. 7 remove from regedit entrys. After that run anty virus than u install the i.e. 7
    cyberslider Posts: 45, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2006, 11:00 AM
    It sounds like you have a registry problem and need to run something like PC OnPoint you can get a trail version at http://www.pconpoint.com but to have it fix the system you will have to purchase it. But you will be able to scan the registry and see what it finds there are also other programs out there that do the same thing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU usage at 100% [ 20 Answers ]

My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is...

Cpu usage 100% with lsass.exe [ 1 Answers ]

My server is w2k and domain controller. I have problem server slow respond because cpu usage 100% when I open task manager lsass.exe usage .what is it ? How to fix this problem

CPU Usage Remains at 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I discovered the CPU usage on one of my PCs will not fall below 100%. I've attempted everything I can think of to resolve the issue, including: - Running Ad-Aware SE - Performing an online scan from Trend Micro - Performing an online scan from Panda Software - Running Registry...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

Msmsgs at 100% CPU Usage [ 3 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Home and keep hitting a problem. PC (Athlon XP 3.2Ghz) suddenly slows down to doing not a lot, when pressing the CTRL ALT DEL to bring up the task manager msmsgs.exe is at 100% CPU usage. I can close this process down and the PC is fine again for a few moments. Shortly...

View more questions Search