Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 18, 2009, 04:52 AM
    I would like to write a song and music for guitar
    I would like to write a song for my boyfriend. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and God bless him he is sticking by me, even though I have made his life a living hell at times. I play guitar (not great) but this would give me the incentive to play, and by expressing my love and gratitude to him. I would love to do a kind of 'Mazzy Star-fade into you-esq' type of style. I think this would help with my insecurities too. I have been going through a real tough time mentally lately and I feel so bad as to what I am doing to him. I don't know where to start though.

Any help would be so very much appreciated.

Thanks, Karen
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 01:37 AM

Hi, Karen!

I've already indicated to you that I would be glad to help you with this! The trick is, that I hope that we can be online here at the same time in order to work on it together.

I'm usually on here late at night for me. I'm in the Central Time Zone of the U.S. If you would let me know what your time zone is, perhaps we can coordinate things.

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2009, 04:42 AM

Hi Clough,

Thanks so much for your response. I am in the Eastern Time Zone and I should be online this evening around 7 pm est. Does that work for you? Otherwise let me know what time is good and I will try and be on.

Thanks again!
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 12:47 PM

I am on briefly now just to check in. Will be returning at about 10:00 P.M. your time.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:45 PM

I am here now, starlite1! Was running late because I had to work on something with a customer at their home. I hope this sort of time isn't too late for you!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 12:03 AM

Okay, so we didn't get to get together here tonight. Hopefully, we will be able to soon!

Question - Do you play the guitar using music that's written on a staff or that which is written in tablature?

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2009, 06:47 AM

Hi Clough,

I am so sorry that I missed you! I should be on tonight though (Friday). I play music that is written in tabliture. Staff is wayyy too advanced for me.

Thanks again!

Mar 20, 2009, 09:23 AM

Hi Clough,

How is this so far... I need more intensity though to really drive the love home:

I see now what love really is

Life has dealt me some crazy things, things I have been living with without seeing the real
    So blind, so dark, I've lived in fear for so long, without being able to let go of the past

Then you came along, and the darkness lifts, I see now what love really is
    Baby….I love you

I take your whole heart and place it with mine….we breathe as one now
    I look into your heavenly soul and see the peace that I have been searching for
    Baby….. I thank you

The fear that I've carried with me for so long is taking away by your strength and devotion
    I can let the past go now, I see now what love really is

We talk as best friends do, we love as passionate and as deeply as two people can
    Baby…I cherish you
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 12:56 AM

What do you mean by 'Mazzy Star-fade into you-esq' type of style please? I'm not familiar with that. Are there any links to videos that you could post here so that I could be more familiar with the style about which your describing?

I will take a look at your lyrics when I'm less tired and able to think more clearly.

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2009, 05:24 AM

Hi Clough,

Thanks so much. Here is a link to Mazzy Star's 'Fade into you'. Beautiful song!

YouTube - Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You"

Thanks, Karen
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 02:45 PM

Okay, I'll take a look at what's on the link. Hopefully, we can get rolling soon on writing the music and/or music written in tablature for your song.

Thanks!

Mar 23, 2009, 05:45 AM

Thanks Clough! :)
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1 View Post
    Hi Clough,

How is this so far...I need more intensity though to really drive the love home:

Life has dealt me some crazy things,
    things I have been living with
    not seeing what's real.

So blind, so dark,
    lived in fear for so long,
    not being able to let go of the past.

Chorus:
    Then you came along,
    and the darkness lifts,
    Baby….I love you!
    Thanks for the link, starlite1!

Now I've heard the style of the music that you would like for your song, and so now we can proceed in that kind of style.

Above, I've re-arranged a part of your song so that it will fit a melody better. Before putting something like this in tablature, it would be much easier for me to put it into the style of piano music. I can write things in tabs, but it will take me longer. It can eventually be put into tabs, though.

Hopefully, we'll be on here at the same time sometime soon!

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2009, 05:08 AM

Hi Clough,

Thanks so much! This looks great so far. Yes, hopefully we can be on at the same time, If not tonight (Wed), tomorrow night. What would you like/need for me to do in the meantime?

Thanks, Karen
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 05:04 PM

Hi, Karen!

You don't really need to do anything for right now. What needs to happen next, is for me to post a possible melody here, and we figure out a way for you to hear it to see if you like it.

There can be many ways that the melody can be composed.

I'm just checking in here for now. My daughter and I are supposed to get together tonight. So, I'm not sure what time later tonight that I'll be on here. Tomorrow night, I should be able to be on earlier.

Do you know someone who plays the piano or any kind of keyboard musical instrument?

Thanks!

Mar 26, 2009, 04:41 AM

Hi Clough,

Unfortunately, I do not. What I can do though is try and look for something online that can take piano notes and interpret them into guitar notes. No worries though, I will find something to read the notes.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 01:28 PM

Are you saying that you do know how to read notes on a staff? If you don't know how, I can teach you!

Here is the link to a Virtual Keyboard that we can use. Please click HERE.

Thanks!

Mar 26, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Hi Clough,
    Unfortunately I don't know how to read staff. I would like to learn though, thank you! I am on the train on my blackberry at the moment, but I will click on the link that you sent me when I get home. Thanks again!
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 01:38 PM

Okay, then we can do some music education here! I have to get to doing my work where I'm presently house and dog-sitting and will be back on here much later tonight.

I hope that you're here, too! Should be at about 10:30 P.M. Central Time.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Hi, starlite1!

Below, is an example of a possible melody for the first verse of your song, not including the chorus.

Thanks!

Name:  I See Now What Love Really Is - Enlarged A - Use.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  77.8 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need Someone to Write Me a Song [ 22 Answers ]

Do you know sweet child o'mine by guns and roses? I need a song kind of like that... I mean the same genre and I really need it!! I am a guy so don't make it too girly or anything like that... :) Thanx;)

What is the guitar tab for this song? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking online and I can't find any, but I was just wondering if anyone could give me the guitar tab for the song "I'll Make the Moves," by Scenes and Sirens. This is the band's song on YouTube if it helps at all. Thanks :) YouTube - Scenes And Sirens - I'll Make The Moves

Guitar setting for this song [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the song Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan. I play guitar and want get my guitar to sound like it does in Tin Pan Alley.how do I do this. Do I need good equipment or is it something else . Can anyone help me. Thanks

View more questions Search