Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajforu_15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Help required on English Usage of Shall/Will
    Hi,
    Would like to know whether the usage of the following is correct or not.

Situation: When your friend is doing some work and you would like to help him.

Can we use "Will I?" in the above situation.

Please. Let me know what best can be used in such situations.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2006, 04:05 AM
    No. You would say "shall I join/help you?" or "may I join/help you?"

"will I join you?" makes no sense.

Is that what you were asking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU usage at 100% [ 20 Answers ]

My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is...

Pf usage [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why my pf usage sky-rockets every time I open a specific folder. This folder is used to store all my Utorrent downloads. My system runs at about 375mb (pf usage) when hardly worked, then when I open this folder (named Downloads) 5 seconds later the pf usage goes up to 500mb then...

Query regarding english language usage [ 2 Answers ]

Kindly tell me if the following sentences are okay? 1) The company did very well in the market beacause it had the government back up 2) A new performance appraisal system was incorporated in the company. It was an effectiive system. But no training was given to employees. 3) In life it...

Query regarding english language usage [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly tell me if the following sentences are okay? 1) The company did very well in the market beacause it had the government back up 2) A new performance appraisal system was incorporated in the company. It was an effectiive system. But no training was given to employees. 3) In life it...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

View more questions Search