Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mrsgene's Avatar
    mrsgene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Co-worker threatening me outside of work
    Living with co-worker as domestic partner. Partner physically abusive, police called, employer notified. Employer promised to transfer hostile employee but did not. Now, physical abuse happened again. Hostile employee has outstanding warrant. Should I file complaint with EEOC based on hostile workplace environment? It's a large Corporate Fast Food Chain, based out of Miami, FL. This location is in Ohio.
    HistorianChick's Avatar
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

    Jan 6, 2010, 11:23 AM

    Wait, are you saying that your live-in partner is being abusive and you expect your employer to take care of the problem?

    If that is what you're asking, then no, you should not expect your employer to take care of the abusive person simply because they work for them. You need to take care of the problem outside of work - because it is your life.

    You need to move out of the house, or, if you are the owner of the property, kick your partner out. Take charge of your life and take responsibility for the problem.

    When you do move out/kick them out, I recommend that you have someone with you, whether a friend or family member, to remove your belongings/have them remove their belongings.

    This is not your employer's problem.
    mrsgene's Avatar
    mrsgene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 6, 2010, 12:23 PM
    He's a manager and even though the corporate policy is against management associating with hourly, the Gen. Mgr. and District Mgr. ignored it. When an incident happened last year and the police were called, the Gen. Mgr. assured me he would be transferred, but it never happened. I went back and kept quiet to keep my job. Now is it still not an employer's problem?
    HistorianChick's Avatar
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

    Jan 6, 2010, 12:25 PM

    Is he your live-in partner/boyfriend?

    I don't know... I don't know the legality of this, I guess I'm not the right one to give opinions or advice.

    I would assume that since he is your live-in then it is a relationship problem.

    Maybe someone else can come along with more legal advice, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

University threatening me [ 4 Answers ]

I got this letter in the mail saying: Your account with the University of ____ continues to carry an outstanding balance of $2,431.70. This balance has been brought to your attention through previous email correspondence. Firstly, it hasn't. It is my intention to submit your account...

Dr threatening [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question concerning my son's new endocrinologist in Illinois. My son is 19, has type1 diabetes for 8 yrs and is educated in his care. His Dr retired and we were appointed a young Dr. This Dr is insulting, degrading in his comments and asks questions not related to his diabetes and my son...

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

She's threatening me [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: my exs is just freaking on me she's all like my buddy who's all like my brother who plays football and knows material arts is going to like beat you up// I'm not afraid to ing knife the bastard and go to jail ill take a rifle kill him and her then my self// what do I do to get her to...

Bored at work, Co-worker favoured [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... So I started this position at a bank with another girl. For awhile we were commuting to different branches while we trained and while our bank was being built. She was fine, but I didn't have to be around her all the time, just commuting. So then when our branch opened, and we...

View more questions Search